“Convenient with lots of charm and choices”

The Pub & Restaurant
Ranked #14 of 132 Restaurants in Gettysburg
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Friedens, Pennsylvania, United States
“Convenient with lots of charm and choices”
Reviewed September 28, 2012

We visited this pub for late night drinks and snacks and found the atmosphere comfortable and food excellent. Staff very friendly and efficient too.

Visited September 2012

Havertown, Pennsylvania
“lazy”
Reviewed September 26, 2012

We stopped at the Pub saturday afternoon, Sept.22, 2012. Thre was outside seating and indoor seating. There's about 5 or 6 tables outside. We stepped inside to leave our name for an outside table and they told us that we were to just "grab a table" when someone gets up. Can you imagine the anxiety that goes with standing there waiting for someone to get up from their table and then jumping in on the table or standing there waiting 5 or 10 minutes and then when someon is getting up, other people who just walked up jumping in front of you? Absolutely lazy way to do business.

Lincolnton, North Carolina, United States
“Great Food”
Reviewed September 26, 2012

The Pub offers and wonderful variety of food, which is not restricted to the typical bar fare. Wonderful atmosphere right in the middle of Gettysburg at Lincoln Square.

Visited September 2012
St. Paul, MN
“Fantastic food. Questionable service”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I was in town for work...and come to Gettysburg 1-2 times per year. I was alone and i guess that was my mistake. Staying across the street. The host was fantastic. Seated me immediately. But the server was less than welcoming. When I asked what she would recommend, stared at me blankly. I told her I was hungry but not a huge eater, and again met with blank stares. She did recommend the vegetarian chili. FANTASTIC as were the pretzel knots. ( I ordered two for .75 per). Ordered a glass of wine. She delivered the winebut after delivering the chili which I had her take back and heat up, I was basically ignored the rest of the night. I wanted another glass of wine and had to stop another server. I wanted dessert but was afraid to ask. Anyway, waited for the check forever and felt like I wasn't welcome. Too bad as the food was as good as it gets.

Duluth, Georgia
“Nice location”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

The location of this restaurant is really quite nice and conveniently located in the main historic square of Gettysburg. The service is good and the menu selections are a nice range of basic pub food. The food quality is satisfactory.