“great reproduction of a pub building wise.”

The Pub & Restaurant
Ranked #26 of 135 Restaurants in Gettysburg
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed October 28, 2011

Bitter chicken on my sandwich and my wife's Maryland crab bisque soup was in a dry bread bowl? We went down the street to GarryOwens pub and had a very good bar hamburger.

3  Thank cm4546
Write a ReviewReviews (1,482)

Reviewed October 27, 2011

We ate here twice. The sandwiches were very, very good and don't miss the French onion soup. It is served piping hot in a crock and is excellent. The Pub is right on the square in downtown Gettysburg so it is a convient location if you are walking around.

Reviewed October 20, 2011

I had heard that The Pub is the place to go in Gettysburg. The outside is very cute with the brick sidewalk, planters and flowers. Once inside it is noisy and needs new carpet and paint. The first time I went, I decided that a burger was the way to go. That's what you order at a pub, right? It was greasy and tasteless. We also ordered pasta with red sauce...watery and blah.

The next visit, I ordered the sloppy joe salad...should have known. It looked like they just dumped a sloppy joe sandwich on iceburg lettuce. The dressing was coagulated and obviously from a jar. An old jar.

I don't think anything at the Pub is made on premises. I am on the hunt for a decent restaurant in town...

2  Thank 1Robin
Reviewed October 17, 2011

After our long day of touring gettysburg we stopped here from a reccomendation from a friend. The homemade crab soup was excellent as well was the pretzel bread. YUM! My cheeseburger wasn't the best ever but my hubby's steak was very yummy. I will definately go back.

Reviewed October 14, 2011

I've been to this restaurant before, but this "solo" trip was the BEST! The service was wonderful, and the food was excellent! I had the soup in a breadbowl and a wonderful Ceasar Salad...I plan on returning to The Pub in the future, and recommending it to my friends.
Marsha Jacobs

Been to The Pub & Restaurant? Share your experiences!