“Great breakfast anytime”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Takeout
Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

Great food, service patchy but good overall. Good variety on menu for all six of us. Love the Granny's omelette with Hashbrowns inside. Good pancakes too.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

I had a evening meal and breakfasdt here. Lovely place to eat at, very nice food and good value for money.would reccomend to anyone staying in Gettysburg.

Reviewed March 12, 2013

My wife and I were going to Gettysburg to attend the first Pennsylvania Women Veterans Symposium and I wanted to get a fish dinner , but most of the restaurants in Gettysburg wanted $16 plus for a fish dinner - not flounder , salmon , red snapper , etc. - just a standard whitefish dinner (cod , haddock , pollock , etc.). So , I gave up on fish , but as we were approaching the hotel where the Symposium was going to be held , my wife saw a Perkins and suggested that we give it a try. What a pleasant surprise ! First of all , everybody that worked there was very friendly and helpful. Second , since my wife and I are over 55 , we had the "55 And Older" (or something like that) choices , and one of the choices was a Fried Cod Dinner for around $9 . . . and two sides came with that , and you had a large array of sides. I got the broccoli (very nicely steamed) , green beans with bacon (there were actually slices of bacon with the beans) , and 3 nice portions of Cod , which were fried just right. Wow ! I haven't gone to a Perkins for a while , not for any particular reason , but I think that I will start to visit them more often . . . And when I am in Gettysburg again , I will definitely stop here !

Reviewed March 10, 2013

On a recent business trip, we were coming home very late and needed a bite to eat, while we had hoped to find something on our way from Hanover to Gettysburg, the options were really slim (between the late hour and need vegetarian options). We almost went to bed without dinner, but noticed that the Perkins seems to be still open at 10 pm, we went in. The place was fairly empty which made the 10-minute wait for our waitress a bit frustrating. Once we got service, it was acceptable though and food was out in short order. The Eggs Benedict was a pleasant surprise and once we were fed, we left to check in at the adjacent Days Inn.

The next morning, we figured that we'd just do Perkins again before hitting the road. Of course, the place was hopping but service was good and we were among several regulars and traveling folks. When I has to have the country-fried steak served with Hollandaise in place of the regular gravy, our waitress was happy to make that happen for me and it was quite delicious.

At no time did anyone mention to us that we could receive a discount with our hotel key, nor was it pointed out to us that there was a survey on the bottom of our receipt (which would have saved 10% on the second visit).

Older property which could use an update, new seats and a serious bathroom overall. Checkout took much longer during both visits than needed due to in-attention by the staff.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Large portions Great food good start to the day. There is a Perkins in our area so we knew what to expect. No surprises