“Good American fare”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Takeout
Reviewed October 18, 2012

The Perkins Restaurant located next to the Days Inn Gettysburg, York Ave., was very nice. The restaurant was clean, bright, and inviting. The food that we ate there was excellent in quality, and the portion sizes were generous. Their prices were very reasonable, and with the discount given for showing our room key to the Days Inn, down right cheap! There was nothing gourmet about our meals, but they were very good examples of solid American style food. The baked goods were especially tasty. Both the hostess and our server were attentive, outgoing, and personable.

Reviewed October 9, 2012

Waitresses went above & beyond with menu changes w/ menu changes/requests... only bad thing was table wasn't wiped down, but Waitress fixed that right away when I mentioned it ;-)

Reviewed September 25, 2012

Great food, excellent service, great location to our hotel, fair prices and plenty of food. Wish we had a Perkins closer to home.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

We ate dinner at Perkins. It was next to our hotel. We were disappointed with the cleaniless. There was a ceiling air vent abouve our table that was so loud and dirty (flying dust) that it wasn't the best experience. I ordered Sweet Potato Fries (as an up-charge) with my sandwich and they looked and tasted weird. There was some sort of white coating on the fries, nothing like I've ever seen on sweet potato fries. I didn't eat them. The place was not crowded. The table and chairs were dirty with crumbs when we were seated. The good part was the waitress was prompt with everything. And the sandwich I had was ok too. But we wouldn't go back.

Reviewed September 18, 2012

This restaurant was great because it was right by our hotel. The food was great, nothing fancy, just plain home style cooking. The service was excellant. I would recommend it to anyone.