“Service is terrible”

Cuisines: Chinese
usa
“Service is terrible”
Reviewed December 6, 2011

I have been to this place a few times over the years, and while it is generally okay, this last experience was indicative of what seems to be a gradual decline in service. I arrived hoping to order a quick takeout meal and no one was in the restaurant area, though I could hear TV or radio in the kitchen area. I rang the bell at least 20 times - no exaggeration - and no one came. After at least five minutes I left to get a soda at the adjacent grocery store. Then I decided (against better judgment) to give New Garden a last try and this time someone came out of the kitchen when I came in. I placed my order, which I got in a timely way, and got into my car. I checked the order then, and found one out of three ordered items missing. After returning to the restaurant and waiting another 10 minutes I finally had my complete order. OK, not the most horrible restaurant experience I have ever had, but service was really bad all the way around. The food quality is about average compared to other Chinese places I have been to.

• Visited December 2011

Colonial Beach, Virginia
“Excellent Chinese food”
Reviewed December 4, 2011

We ordered take out from this restaurant and found it to be economicable and the food was out of this world. We recommend to everyone.

Visited November 2011
Gettysburg, PA
“Awful and overpriced.”
Reviewed October 9, 2011

It is easy to get tempted to buy while shopping, but don't do it. It really isn't that good and they don't give you extras like real chinese restaurants do. There is a real communication problem too. . I paid cash and some of the change had newer coins in it and I was accused of giving them fake money.

• Visited April 2011
Queensland
“good cheap meal”
Reviewed May 1, 2010

nothing fancy but a good meal, staff good, quick service.

gettysburg
“my favorite restaurant”
Reviewed January 15, 2009

good service and delicious food