“Excellent lunch overall- will return for dinner”

Inn at Herr Ridge Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Inn at Herr Ridge Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 131 Restaurants in Gettysburg
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Herr's Ridge Rd.
Description: Fine dining in a cozy, business casual atmosphere. ~ Wine Spectator Award of Excellence ~ Susquehanna Style Magazine Silver Spoon Award Winner Business Meetings, Bus Groups, Rehearsal Dinners and other Private Events from 10-150.
Reviewed July 5, 2010

Very nice. We stopped for a late lunch after touring on a hot Saturday. Probably the best meal we had in three days. Well prepared, well presented and tasty. Not inexpensive, but not over the top either. Great service in a historical and quaint location. The crab soup was excellent as was the leek and potato. Make sure you save room for the homemade ice cream.

There are newer reviews for Inn at Herr Ridge Restaurant

Reviewed December 1, 2009

The Inn at Herr Ridge is a lovely, relaxing Inn and the staff are welcoming and hospitable. Dinner at the restaurant on Saturday night was excellent. The server was
very friendly and the food was excellent. My husband ordered the prime rib and he raved
about it. My crab cakes were wonderful also. For dessert, I wanted something not too heavy and ordered the Chambord icecream made at the Inn, which was delicious and very refreshing.

We highly recommend the Inn and restaurant to others.

Reviewed October 27, 2009

Reservations were quick, easy and over the phone. The staff went out of their way to email the menu selection prior to the visit. Took all meal selections in advance to ensure meals were prepared and ready for the group. This cut down on waiting and enhanced the dining experience. Upon arriving the staff welcomed us and immediately started catering to our needs. The servers were warm, friendly and professional. Truly on their “A” game at all times.
The atmosphere is simply wonderful. Brings you back to the days of old. Dinner was mouth watering. Top quality meal, the best pork tenderloin I have had in a long time. The double chocolate cheese cake was out of this world. Could not stop eating it even when I was full. The chefs are true professionals who care about quality. It showed in every mouth watering bite.
Cost may be a little more than other local establishments but it was worth every cent. The entire experience was top quality, worth more than what was paid. The BGSU Army ROTC group will definitely bring groups back again and again.

Reviewed October 15, 2009

The Inn at Herr Ridge Restaurant tries to be some big city fine dining type of place and fails in my point of view. I will go there if I'm with someone that wants to go but I would not recommend. I love the building and I just wish they tried a different type of restaurant. Get rid of the haute cuisine and haughtiness. What it is now is disappointing. I hesitate to give it three stars but giving only two is too low.

Reviewed October 13, 2009

What can I say?? The place was very nice. Very sweet waitress. Hostess sucked eggs. Wedding rehersal dinner was going on. Took one hour and 20 minutes to get food. Chef did send out some Tuna TarTar for free but..it was a one bite thing. Prices were beyond reasonable for the food!! 8 dollars for a small saucer with one sprig of Arugala salad about the size of a small lemon and a few chipped pieces of Goat cheese. Not very tasty. My dinner was small but good( Paid mid twenty dollars for it) but my friends were not. They took 1/2 off for one of them but nothing off for the other. Won't eat there again.