“Mixed Review Very Slow Service”

Inn at Herr Ridge Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Inn at Herr Ridge Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #24 of 128 Restaurants in Gettysburg
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Herr's Ridge Rd.
Description: Fine dining in a cozy, business casual atmosphere. ~ Wine Spectator Award of Excellence ~ Susquehanna Style Magazine Silver Spoon Award Winner Business Meetings, Bus Groups, Rehearsal Dinners and other Private Events from 10-150.
Purduewriter91
“Mixed Review Very Slow Service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

My husband, our grown son and I ate here while on vacation. It's a fine dining spot with prices to match. Most entrees over $25 and doesn't include salad. Our reservations were at 7:00. We arrived on time and the hostess said it would be another 15 minutes. We ordered a glassWe each ordered the beef filet ($34). I had the beet salad, which was good, but it was $9. The boys each had the house salad which was $7, I think. The bread was very good and included 2 small pretzel rolls. Trouble is, there were 3 of us. I asked for more pretzel rolls and we got them, but the waitress frowned and said it might take an hour. Clearly she did not want to serve us more. We had more wine and they kept our water glasses filled. Steaks finally arrived table side around 9:00 PM. They were very good and served with asparagus, also very good. Atmosphere is nice, but very outdated. Brass and etched crystal fixtures. Like being at Grandma's house. Bottom line: Very good but pricey food,tired decor and slow kitchen. We weren't in a hurry, so we didn't mind--but the table next to us--who had already ordered when we were seated, got served even after we did.

• Visited March 2013
herrtav, Manager at Inn at Herr Ridge Restaurant, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
First, I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review concerning your visit to The Inn. I am very sorry you found your service to be lacking. We pride ourselves on our excellent service, so anything less than that is unacceptable here at the Inn. We are pleased you enjoyed your meals and hope you will give us another chance in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Rochester, New York
“Wonderful meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2013

We were visiting our friends in Gettysburg and offered to take them out to dinner. They had not ever been to the Herr Tavern, but had heard good things about it. We called, but reservations on a Wednesday night were not necessary. We arrived at 6:30 and were seated by a young lady. Our waiter arrived with a flourish asked if we wanted tap, spring, or sparkling water. We tried to think who the waiter reminded us of, and "Jim Carry" was immediately agreed upon. The service was to say the least, entertaining.
The food, however was fantastic. I had miniature crab cakes for a starter and the others had salads. My wife's salad was served in an artful bread bowl the likes of which I had never seen before. The complimentary warm bread (on a cold night) was just as wonderful as the appetizers.
The main dishes were just as tempting. The ladies had the "special" scallop/shrimp on pasta dish which had excellently tender scallops and perfectly done shrimp. I was out for meat and while I was disappointed that it was not the weekend when Prime Rib is served, I was delighted with the Fillet which was done to medium perfection and was as tender as any I have ever had. The remaining meat eater had a shank of lamb which was devoured.
We skipped desert and coffee since appetizers and the main were quite filling.
All in all, we had a great time.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank TBBXRR
Thank you so much for your very descriptive review. From your commentary, I can tell you are very knowledgeable about fine dining! Please come back on the week end so you can enjoy our prime rib and definitely try one of our desserts!
Brielle, New Jersey
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Hidden Gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2013

The Inn at Herr Ridge was an unexpected surprise with excellent service, an amazing and affordable wine list and top notch food. From appetizers to dessert the experience was enjoyable and delicious. Our server, Andrew, made us feel at home, was attentive without intruding and gave us great advice. We will definitely return!

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Ed D D
Thank you for your kind words regarding your dinner at The Inn at Herr Ridge. We are pleased you enjoyed every aspect of your dinner, from appetizers to dessert! We do take pride in our staff, so thank you for mentioning what a fine job Andrew did. Please come back and be our guests again soon.
Charles Town, West Virginia
“Charming and Delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

While visiting Gettysburg, my family and I wanted to have a nice lunch out. The Inn at Herr Ridge was just perfect. I am already planning a return visit. The Inn is circa 1815 and just gorgeous. We had a delicious lunch- I can not recommend the cream of crab soup enough if you are a seafood lover. My daughter had shrimp and scallop alfredo and the sauce was to die for! Hubby had chicken parm and I had the lobster blt. A couple behind us were staying at the Inn and liked their room so much that they were planning to return. This is wonderful for a romantic getaway or wedding reception. I am very pleased to have found it through Tripadvisor- thanks everyone for your great reviews : )

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Beachykeen777
herrtav, Manager at Inn at Herr Ridge Restaurant, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your dining experience here at the Inn. We are so glad that you and your family enjoyed your lunch here. Our signature soup is the Cream of Crab with Corn, but our chef tries to use ingredients which are in season for our soup du jour. Please come back again and try one of those!
Martinsburg, West Virginia
“More!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2013

I wish I could afford to go here on a regular basis. The cost is worth it. The service and food is exceptional. It's the best restaurant in the Adams/ franklin county area. Elegance at it's best.

Visited March 2012
herrtav, Manager at Inn at Herr Ridge Restaurant, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Thank you so much for your wonderful review concerning your dining experience. We pride ourselves on our food and service and are delighted you found them both to be exceptional. Please come again soon, as our menu changes seasonally.