“Great service and great food”

General Pickett's Buffets
Ranked #27 of 129 Restaurants in Gettysburg
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Pittsburgh, PA
“Great service and great food”
Reviewed April 27, 2014

The food is great and the service is incredible. Even with a large bus crowd the food was hot and fresh on the buffet and the server was very attentive. There is a large selection of food to meet everyone's tastes. I will be back on my next trip to Gettysburg!

1 Thank burgtraveler82

Torrington, Connecticut
“something for everyone”
Reviewed April 24, 2014

I have one been here with my 8th grade students. Most kids find something they like, as there is great variety. The quality of the food is a little questionable. If you are looking for fine dining, this is NOT what you are looking for. If you want to please a lot of people, this will do. The desserts are very good however, and seem pretty homemade.

Visited April 2014
Connecticut
“Bland food - would not return”
Reviewed April 20, 2014

First of all, the price. Our child is 12, and we only paid $3.95 for her meal - plus whatever we paid for the beverage. Adult meals were $13 plus beverage cost. There were a lot of PA trucks and cars in the parking lot when we arrived, and several families, (5 or more people) eating - so we thought we made a good choice.
Atmosphere - it was designed with the Civil War theme in mind. Pictures and décor all relate to Civil War - which is somewhat appropriate since we were in Gettysburg.
Food: Soups, (there were three choices the night we went - chicken noodle and two others, (I don't remember). Did not try
Salad bar: Mixed greens - mostly iceburg lettuce, with various 'toppings' Everything was cold and the area was kept clean. My lettuce and toppings were fresh and crisp
Nacho Chips (which were under warming lamp so crisp and yummy), with toppings including meat and cheese sauce
"Main Bar" - fried chicken, chicken tenders, various fish choices, steamed veggies, corn, various other meat choices, potatoes tasted powdered to me, (which I don't care for), carving station had beef and ham - both were favorite foods in the restaurant. A fair number of choices, but things just didn't look that good or appealing.
Dessert Bar - Chocolate cake, carrot cake, spice cake, brownies, pecan pie, apple pie, cookies, etc.
We arrived about 7, and wait staff was a bit slow getting our drink orders, but once they did wait on us, they were attentive and courteous. Food was kept stocked even though we were there until closing time.
Although I think that the staff tried to make it a pleasant experience, I would not recommend this restaurant because even though I paid a bit more at another buffet place on Route 30, the quality of food and food choices were much better at the other restaurant.

1 Thank MomofoneCT
Naugatuck, Connecticut
“A good choice for a buffet. Family friendly. Lots of choices.”
Reviewed April 19, 2014 via mobile

We found this restaurant to be overall very good. The good was good. Many choices for dinner.
For the price I would have thought it would have included the soft drink, but priced according to the tourist area it is in. Have been before and would stop again. Beef was tender and desserts delicious.

Janesville, Wisconsin, United States
“Thank you for an awesome experience”
Reviewed April 18, 2014

I brought a school group here after touring Gettysburg. They were welcoming and the food was great. There was something for everyone. The employees kept the beverages coming and the dirty plates going. Thanks for being so welcoming and accommodating.

1 Thank Marshall R