“just average”

Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Buffet, Reservations
Mount Savage, Maryland, United States
“just average”
Reviewed October 12, 2013

always went there when i started visiting Gettysburg and loved it. now the food is not as good as before. not as tasteful. sevice is good and the price is good. plenty of parking and easy to get to.

Grand Haven, Michigan
“the best buffet ever!!!!”
Reviewed October 5, 2013

this place was great! the buffet scene does not do much for us in general, but this was way too good! the meatloaf was to die for and we are tempted to go back just for that. the pecan pie was so good it was almost sinful. we made this the dining place for a week as the menu changed regularly. it is conveniently located within walking distance of just about everything, and if you stay at the gettysburg 1863 inn you never really have to use your car as you can walk everywhere with the exception of the driven audio tour.

• Visited August 2013
Anchorage, Alaska
“Very good food with one major weakness”
Reviewed October 3, 2013

I ate here mostly during my five day stay in Gettysburg. It was a closest one with good food. I enjoyed the Civil War theme and buffet food proves to be quite tasty and good. I usually rate buffet food by how long it take before I had to use the restroom. Some, I have to go before I leave. With this, I had no need to go until later that night. That's the stomach talking. I had a chance to walked Cemetery Ridge, take photos of monuments with a evening glow and all that. Their only major weakness is their roast beef. Way too dried up to be any where tasty. Their services proves to be quite good. They kept my ice tea flowing. The corn bread was quite good I thought and their chicken, corn and pork were great. The salad bar proves to be above par. The price proves to be reasonable. Its a win-win as long as you avoid the roast beef.

• Visited September 2013
PA
“Civil War themed old country buffet”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

When my family arrived (7) it was a 45 minute wait. I thought, why not, this place got some good reviews. We were going to kill some time upstairs in the museum/gift shop. We walked through tthe resturaunt and glad we did. It looked like they went to the frozen food section of the supermarket and heated everything up for the dinner and thawed the dessert. We turned right around and ate someplace else.

Saint Charles, Illinois
“Great food and Robin was amazing”
Reviewed September 28, 2013

I read all the reviews so was excited when Robin was our server. Amazing man who told so many interesting stories while still doing his job! It is a busy place..as we pulled in 5 buses were pulling out and when we sat down Robin warned us a group of 140 were about to arrive. This place knows how to handle crowds. I thought the food was excellent and lots of choices! And reasonably priced!

1 Thank Klink1000