“Ehh... Average at best”

Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Buffet, Reservations
Pennsylvania
“Ehh... Average at best”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

We're local and have eaten here a few times over the year. Pretty mediocre each time but thought we drop in to see if any improved. It hasn't. Food average at best, waitress though was attentive and frequently stopped by to refill drinks and make sure we had everything we needed.

Far better places to go in Gettysburg costing a lot less.

• Visited July 2013

“Better then fast food but Robin is why we came back”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

We went to Gettysburg July 2012 and discovered General Pickett's Buffet. We went back to Gettysburg this July too. It was our first stop after arriving in town. My son ,12, enjoyed discussing the war with Robin, our server, on both our visits last time so much he talked about it all year. We ate there twice on our trip. The second time there was 2 busses of Boy Scouts, it was BUSY! There were flies,kinda gross but I don't know how to avoid that. I have eaten there a total of 4 times total and have never been charged for a refill on my drink like someone else mentioned. My son was disappointed that Robin was not working on our 2nd visit this trip but looks forward to returning again sometime to see him.

Visited July 2013
“It's exactly what it is...., a Buffett! It's affordable. Healthier alternative to fast food”
Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

I was reading other people's reviews. I think some were a bit too harsh. It's a Buffett. It is what it is! Often when we travel with our family we're on the run and end up doing fast food places. This friendly & clean Buffett gave us a chance to sit down and have an affordable, healthier alternative. The extra helping of desserts however may have added up in calories :) but yummy. I liked the setting and civil war deco that added to the Gettysburg theme. We'd go back again.

• Visited July 2013
carroll maryland
“good food for the price”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

General Pickett's buffet is exactly that, a buffet with good food not a five star restaurant. The staff was very friendly and the food was very good with plenty of selection. The restaurant is casual and clean. I recommend eating here especially if you have a large group with big appetites.

• Visited May 2013
Butler, Pennsylvania
“Not good enough for my money.”
Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

Food was just okay. Roast was dry and devoid of flavor, potatoes from box, carrots I don't know what they put in them but they were nasty like sugar and vinaigrette marinated then heated. Salad was good. Was ticked when waiter "forgot" to inform us refills were not free. Sweet tea was weak. Would not recommend

• Visited August 2013

Been to General Pickett's Buffets? Share your experiences!