“Great value and not expensive”

General Pickett's Buffets
Ranked #26 of 131 Restaurants in Gettysburg
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Buffet, Reservations
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Great food, great service, great value! Well worth planning a lunch or dinner while in Gettysburg. Our group recevied a very nice welcome and enjoyed our dinner buffet.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

We stopped in at General Pickett’s Buffet while on a tour of the Washington DC and Gettysburg areas with our large group of 35 eight graders and chaperons. General Pickett’s Buffet was very good. The place was clean and they had nice variety of freshly prepared food, also a full bar. Some of the adults in our group tried the Pickett’s Punch. We didn’t really like it as it was too sweet and had no kick. The manager was good at accommodating our large group; however the servers seemed angry and unhappy. All of the adults agreed and couldn’t understand why. The buffet was $11.95, so it was very affordable just that none of the waitresses seemed very happy.

The group attended a show called Meet Mr. Lincoln it was upstairs right off the restaurant and was really good. Lincoln speaks about his Gettysburg Address and the passing of the 15th Constitutional Amendment. The kids enjoyed it. It was set up through the tour company we were with, so surprisingly there is not additional information on this show found. I called General Pickett’s directly and was told reservations and information for this show is handled through NLC Tours at 717.334.2256.

Reviewed March 12, 2013

came here for lunch , was not very busy , Food was really Good , a nice selection of food , salad and soup bar , dessert and bread table . Only complaint I have was the server only came out to bring me a drink and passed by once to see if everything was ok , other than that I didn't see her , no refill on my iced tea , didn't come around to take the dirt dishes off the table , I didn't even see her go around to the other tables .

Reviewed March 12, 2013

I've been to several buffets before, but this one is the best by far! The food is excellent. They had ham and roast beef out, plus all the fixings, include the best corn I have ever tasted! We happened to stop in right before 2 buses pulled in (one was a bunch of teens). I have never seen more dedicated staff than I did here. They kept the buffet counters exceptionally cleaned considering there was at least 20 teenagers loading their plates.
The desert area, was heavenly. It was hard to just pick one. I really enjoyed this stop, even with the buses. This is one place, that I will be coming back for years to come!

Reviewed March 4, 2013

Clean, quality food good service and fairly priced. The desserts were not as good as the main food. The chocolate cake was dry.But still one of the better buffets in the area.