“VALUE FOR YOUR HARD EARNED DOLLAR”

General Pickett's Buffets
Ranked #25 of 131 Restaurants in Gettysburg
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Buffet, Reservations
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Clean, quality food good service and fairly priced. The desserts were not as good as the main food. The chocolate cake was dry.But still one of the better buffets in the area.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

I have been here a few times and it is a good place to go when you are not sure what you want. Even when crowded, the wait is not that bad. The staff is very nice and does a good job. The price is good and a buffet is always a good place to take a group especially kids. I skip the homemade bread, I think it's probably pretty good but set up so you slice your own & I am not a fan of having other people's hands on my food. Everything else is just what you would expect from a buffet. It's a nice place.

Reviewed February 6, 2013

Nothing fancy here but good service, lots of cheap food and a price that can't be beat. This is a great place to pig out for lunch or dinner

Reviewed February 6, 2013

We visited Picketts in August when we had just arrived in town. There is something slightly unsettling about a restaurant with such a name in such close proximity to sacred ground, but we wanted to have a quick meal and visit the battlefield in the early evening. The place is designed for tourists, no doubt, but I was pleased with the selections and the freshness of all of it. I think I had thirds on the turkey as I was very hungry after an 8-hour drive. Wife and daughter enjoyed the food too. Not gourmet but a good family place with plenty of hot, tasty buffet food.

The restaurant was not full but I could imagine that it must be crowded a bit when the buses come rolling in. Service was friendly and I would go back for another meal on future visits. Good, hearty basic fare-PS-try the turkey, I think it was fresh carved, juicy and tender. Price was very reasonable for tourist place.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

Pickett's Buffet is one of the restaurants that I always go to in Gettysburg. All you can eat has a nice spread to it. You HAVE to go to it!! Dessert and salad bars to! Price is decent for what you get!