“Delicious food!”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed April 28, 2014

We ate here last minute as we were walking down the street and noticed the nice seating area outside in the nice weather. I expected the menu to be overpriced, but lots of items on the menu were $10 or less. My husband got the hot roast beef sandwich and I got the tuna club. Both were above and beyond your average food you would usually get at an average diner. I was amazed at how good the food was - even though it was simple fare you can tell they take pride in making their food fresh. It was simply delicious! The only problem I have is that there were no free refills, but the food was so good, that was simply overlooked. I highly recommend trying this place!

Write a ReviewReviews (4,174)

Reviewed April 28, 2014

The bread was ordinary. The rolls cold and sticky. The scallops and crab cakes delicious but coupled with baked potato or sweet potato, both overdone. There was no option for a nice green vegetable. The salad was mostly lettuce. All in all, overpriced. Plus our table was next to the entrance for the "necessary", in a corner with very poor lighting. A disappointing experience all around. And strangely, a troubadour roamed between diners singing the occasional "pop" song (Sweet Caroline and the Marine anthem!) while dressed in Revolutionary garb. No 1700's ballads for him! He roamed more than he sang. First and last visit for me.

Reviewed April 27, 2014

This was my first time in Gettysburg and was recommended to eat at the Dobbin House by our bed and breakfast. From the Revolutionary War attire and décor of this historic house, to the fantastic quality of food, Dobbin did not disappoint! The French onion soup was the best I have ever had and their prime rib was outstanding! This place is not to be missed and is a must of you visit Gettysburg!

Reviewed April 26, 2014 via mobile

What a wonderful pub! We visited the town of Gettysburg for history and found this must visit Tavern. Not only does it have the ambiance of the history we expect from such hallowed ground, but the food and house special drinks are divine. Though a word to the wise- 2 rum punches are more than enough to bring a smile to your face, if not a stagger to your step ;) We stayed in town for 4 days and visited this tavern twice for dinner and once on a Ghost Walk. Kudos to the welcoming staff who were fun to talk to and have great advice for your visit. A gift shop at the street level is a great place to pick up some pretty mementos of your time.

Reviewed April 23, 2014

This Tavern was suggested by the owner of the Fudge Place and he was right on target. The Prime Rib was excellent the service was fantasic. Being there for the first time it was the best meal for the first night. The ONLY thing that I would say negative is that it need more lighting inside otherwise it get rating of 5 in my book.