“Special Birthday Dinner”

Dobbin House Tavern
Ranked #5 of 128 Restaurants in Gettysburg
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub, Soups
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Special Birthday Dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2014

This was our first visit. I chose this place for my birthday dinner because it's unique, and for it's history. The staff was very friendly, and the service was excellent. Being a vegetarian, I was so pleased I had a choice of meals on the menu to choose from. Big plus! The food was good, although a little too spicy for me (wasn't expecting that). The meals were a little expensive, but the atmosphere is great. I plan to visit again, the next special occasion.

• Visited December 2013

baltimore
“An Old Favorite”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

Got my usual Seafood Isabella, and enjoyed it. This is the spot we go to for special occasions, and when we have out of town guests. We love the atmosphere and the food.

• Visited January 2014
Clearwater, Florida
“My steak sandwich was on white bread so I'm only giving it three stars”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

We went here summer of 2013. We went there specifically for the atmosphere and that is the only reason I'd recommend it to anyone. The food was just meh. It was too expensive for what you get. I don't mind paying, but then I want good food. I think my steak sandwich was $14 and it came on white bread. I should have asked if that was usual or if they had run out of bread, but nothing was said by my waitress either. They seemed busy but it was a typical day, so they may be very busy typically. Our waitress was fine, but she was too busy for any good attention.

I thought it was a cute little place since it's old and original. So we wanted to go there for that reason. But I'll be honest, I wish I could have just looked at it instead of eaten there.

• Visited August 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Experience a historical feel while dining...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2014

We have visted the Dobbin House on several occasions and have never been disappointed. We enjoy the period clothing on the servers and my favorite soup is the French Onion which one of a kind. We do usually venture here at lunchtime to enjoy the quaintness of the tavern. They offer a variety of menu items to choose from.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank TravelChic11
New Jersey
“Enjoyed New Year's Eve Dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2014

Our party of four had an excellent meals NYE. Two orders of Fillet Mignon were fine while two vegetable based dinners were satisfactory too. We had a very enthusiastic waitress whom despite her busy evening kept close tabs on our table to meet any need, and there was no wait for another drink order. A "traveling troubadour" added to the atmosphere, and had us joining him in songs he chose in recognition of our near joint 100 years of marriage (99 1/2!). This was our fourth visit to Gettysburg in the past six years for the New Year's Eve celebration in Lincoln Square, and we have chosen the Dobbins House for dinner each year. In the past we have also enjoyed the causal atmosphere of their downstairs tavern for lunch, or just a drink at the bar.

• Visited December 2013