“Forward To The Past In Gettysburg”

Dobbin House Tavern
Ranked #5 of 130 Restaurants in Gettysburg
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Frankfort, Illinois
“Forward To The Past In Gettysburg”
Reviewed November 18, 2013

When traveling, whenever possible, we like to dine in historic restaurants and taverns featuring food, drink, and service of the period. Dobbin House Tavern met this criteria very well. Everything about our experience was “Colonial America”; building, menu, and staff appearance.
We were taken to our table by friendly and efficient front desk personnel. Soon after our server, professional and efficient but not overly friendly, was tableside to begin taking our dining requests.
We began the dinner with a nice bottle of wine, our custom. My wife chose the Imperial Crab entrée while I went with the Crabmeat A La Dobbin M/P. Both were excellent; well prepared, flavorful, rich, and tasty. Portions were very generous. With the sides that we had with the meal we had no room for desert.
A dining experience that should not be missed.

Lumberton, New Jersey, United States
“Great food, awesome decor!”
Reviewed November 18, 2013

I really enjoyed my meal at the Dobbin House. The food was excellent, from the fresh baked bread to the dessert. The portions are fairly sized - not too large or small. Prices were a bit higher than I am used to paying but well worth it. Definitely need reservations and dress is casual. And be sure to check out the portion of the house used in the Underground Railroad:)

1 Thank Maria M
Alexandria, Virginia
“Atmosphere is great, service was wonderful and food was delicious.”
Reviewed November 17, 2013

I ordered the Imperial Crab which was delicious, came with a nice baked potato, the breads were a great assortment and warm (pumpkin bread, chocolate chip muffins and white bread). Our server was very nice and willing to ask for our food to be hurried up so we could make it to our ghost tour.

Anyway, I'd gladly go again. Delicious and worth the prices for the atmosphere!!

Cochranville, Pennsylvania
“Best place in town”
Reviewed November 17, 2013

I believe the oldest building in town; the atmosphere is wonderful and food even better. High quality entrees; friendly, prompt service. Also a tavern room that looked charming and inviting, though we didn't eat there. (This time!)

Visited November 2013
Bensalem, Pennsylvania, United States
“Best in Gettysburg”
Reviewed November 16, 2013

Our dinner was the best. I had prime rib done the way I aced and my wife had crab cakes. Great wine selection and dessert menu. Make this a stop on your visit.

Visited November 2013