“Great food and atmosphere”

Dobbin House Tavern
Ranked #6 of 131 Restaurants in Gettysburg
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed July 30, 2013

We came for lunch-a cheaper option. It was held in the basement lit with candles and low lights which was really enjoyable. The food was good but the service was slow-though friendly however, it was pretty packed... Would go there agin!

Reviewed July 30, 2013

We had just finished the battlefield tour and stopped in the downstairs tavern for dinner (they serve until 9:00). Food and service were very enjoyable. Sandwiches are served all day, great selection of beer, neat colonial atmosphere, and friendly service. We enjoyed the half chicken cooked on a spit and the crabcakes.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

My wife and I visited the Dobbins House twice this past weekend. The first night, Friday, we ate in the main dining area. Its essentially an old 1700's or 1800's farm house, and the main dining area is essentially a few small intimate rooms. The decorating is relatively bland, but I would say the food was excellent. I had the NY Strip, and it was one of the best I had in a while. My wife got the crab and really enjoyed that as well. The rolls, salads and apps were very good too, The only reason I don't rate it 5 out of 5 is because the decorations are marginal at best. I know its an old world style, but they could do a bit more with the place.

The second visit was on Sunday for lunch, and this time we decided to go to the pub side. MUCH better with respect to the ambiance of the place. The walls were a varied stone finish, with wood beams on the ceiling. The food was more pub food - sandwiches and what not, but again we really liked the food. We enjoyed this side a bit more for the overall feel of the place, but overall enjoyed it enough to go back a second time. Well worth visiting for the food alone.

I would gladly go back the next time we visit Gettysburg.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

Loved the atmosphere and the food was great, especially the pecan pie. Also make sure to take the house tour.

Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

This is a great little hidden gem...we ate at the tavern in the basement...which btw is not stroller friendly but we didn't mind carrying it down. The atmosphere is just so wonderful..take a step back in time to the 1800's as you dine on some wonderful food with a super friendly and helpful staff! We are definitely revisiting when we come back to Gettysburg!