“outdoor seating”

Dobbin House Tavern
Ranked #5 of 129 Restaurants in Gettysburg
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub, Soups
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Hollywood, Maryland
“outdoor seating”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

So, we always take our dog with us, which makes meals a challenge. During warm weather they have outdoor seating in the front. Loved the set-up. Had the crab dip and since we're from the Chesapeake Bay area it's hard to impress us; their crab dip was average. The sandwiches were decent, service was prompt and friendly. Nice way to end a day of walking thru history.

V
“Love the Dobbin House”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

I have always picked the Dobbin House for special occasions but have never written a review.

I love the Dobbin House. I always make a reservation and have never been disappointed with my meal. Last night was no different.

I made my reservation but did not mention that it was a special occasion and needed a romantic place for dinner with my husband. When we were seated upstairs in the bedroom where the tables were bigger and the lighting much brighter I ask our server if some thing else was available, we were quickly moved to a really nice romantic table. I was really happy.

We had the onion soup and it was just as wonderful as ever. Next I had the seafarer's feast and my husband had prime rib both meals were excellent. Portions were ample and I took some of my dinner home. The service was good even though the dining room was busy.

I have eaten in the Tavern and have attended several dinners and one Mother's Day Brunch in the banquet room and everything has always been very good.

Dallas, Texas
“You're paying for its' history.”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Onion soup was excellent, as was the potato salad. The turkey sandwich was subpar, as was the apple pie. The tavern itself was very interesting and historic.

1 Thank bear1144
“Colonial image with good eats!”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

the atmosphere and staff are colonial inspired. Food is modern fair with some colonial twists.my soon lived the bread, as it was so soft. Enjoyed the entire experience. I would definitely go again.

Ypsilanti, Michigan
“Historic spot- with "period" food and old-time wares”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

The food served is "period" food. It was delicious and unique. The building is full of character and was part of the underground railroad. There is a country curious store inside in addition to the small attic room used as part of the underground railroad.

The restaurant and tavern are begging to be explored!

• Visited May 2013