“Very Good”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed March 6, 2013

We have been here several times. It is always very good and the atmosphere is as though you have gone back in time. Wif you are in Gettysburg, you have to eat here.

Write a ReviewReviews (4,194)

Reviewed March 5, 2013

My husband and I make it a point to visit Gettysburg and the Dobbin House at least once every winter (we live an hour and a half away), and we are never ever disappointed. We always go downstairs to the tavern. We have never waited more than a half hour, even if we request a booth. It is so awesome downstairs and you just sit there and imagine how it was back in the day as a home and part of the underground railroad. Love that there is a bit of history about the place on the menus too! The food is really good..excellent. Our waitresses are very attentive too, always filling your glasses.. and they are very friendly too. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this restaurant!

2  Thank shspeari
Reviewed March 4, 2013

When you walk through the door you are greated by a huge stone fireplace and a host and hostess in period clothing (1776). You then go down a staircase and enter the Tavern where the staff is in period clothing and the room is lit w candles only. You really start to feel like you stepped into 1776. There is a wide variety of food, I wld say it is moderately priced. It isn't fast food cheap, but it isn't exspensive, plus it is worth it. I had a NY Strip and crab cake, it was great! If you like French Onion soup, you have got to try theirs it was amazing! If you are going to be in Gettysburg you really need to eat at The Dobbin House Tavern, It was a wonderful experience.

1  Thank Molly F
Reviewed March 4, 2013

It was so charming. The food was delightful, even if I never did to try to roaste chicken!! I was told it always sold out early because it was so wonderful.

Reviewed March 4, 2013

Tour the battlefields of Gettysburg then dine at the Dobbins House Tavern. You'd swear you were in a time warp...except for the prices. As other reviewers commented it is a civil war pub including a hidden chamber for the slaves on the move via the Underground Railroad. The ambiance is authentic civil war, "servers" are in era appropriate attire and the food is creatively civil war era fare. My wife and I were there for dinner in March 2013. The bread/rolls were superb as was the salad not to mention fresh, my wife loved her rack of lamb. I wish I could the same about my pork tenderloins which I reluctantly sent back because it was a little too chewy for the price. The substituted saute'd crab was tasty. Service was good, even though I had to return the pork tenderloins I'd recommend giving the Dobbin House Tavern a try. One not so great meal is more than offset by the way it's replacement was handled...apologetically and expediently. Enjoy!

2  Thank jax14fun