“Excellent atmosphere, not so good food”

Dobbin House Tavern
Ranked #6 of 131 Restaurants in Gettysburg
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed February 3, 2013

The atmosphere and wait staff were wonderful, but food was subpar. The salad was solid, but the meat (we had duck and pork tenderloin) were dried out and actually seemed old - like they had been spinning in a warmer for a while. Disappointing and would not return. Too expensive for poorly prepared dishes.

There are newer reviews for Dobbin House Tavern

Reviewed February 2, 2013

We enjoyed our visit and meal at the Springhouse tavern at the Dobbin House. It is located in an underground area and is lighted ONLY by candles. Fun and the food was good!

Reviewed February 2, 2013

Yes it is the oldest inn in town and the staff dress up in old fashioned costumes, but the food is incredibly disappointing and very over-priced. The menu is very limited and because we weren't "wowed" by the staff being dressed up etc, and didn't comment on how special they looked, I think the level of service accorded to us fell proportionately! My recommendation would be to look elsewhere for a fun night out.

Reviewed January 31, 2013

The Dobbin House is a beautiful site ; but as a restaurant is it overpriced with poor service. The prime rib was cold and small. I noticed the wait staff were all saying the same exact lines; no personality. Go for the history not food.

Reviewed January 31, 2013

I visit Gettysburg at least 4 times a year and everytime I eat at the Dobbin House. I love this place the food is great and the atmosphere is great. The staff is nice. Can't wait till my next visit in April . Very Clean. People say the prices are high but you pay for what you get. I am nver disappointed.