“Awesome experience”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Enjoyed a fabulous lunch in the spring house - wonderful atmosphere- most delicious hot buttered run! Rueben was amazing and my husband loved the French onion soup! Can't wait to visit again!

Write a ReviewReviews (4,190)

Reviewed October 6, 2012

Meal and service was fine and I would agree with all the good reviews- except ...
My husband went to fetch a shawl for me( air con fierce) and I ordered Pinot grigio, not knowing there were 2, $12 difference in price. Wine arrived, checked bottle label, yes is Pinot. Bill arrived- for the more expensive one. When queried waitress said we had agreed the bottle she showed us, I did think though that as there were two prices she should have asked which one I wanted when I actually ordered. The more expensive one is very nice but was left bit annoyed by it.

2  Thank RhapsodyAngel
Reviewed October 6, 2012

You can't replace the lovely atmosphere, so would probably go again just for the ambiance. The food wasn't good...my steak was tough, the baked potato hard and tasteless, the dinner salad fine, and most of the rest of our large party didn't really eat much of their food either. Many of us wanted to order prime rib, but they were out of it. Maybe that would have been better. The service was good, and the drinks were very nice.

Reviewed October 5, 2012

For a town best known for the 19th century - the Dobbin house takes you back another 100 years and does so very well.
The food is local and similar to what would have been served in 1700's. the servers were polite and quick and able to answer questions about the menu.
Prices are slightly high but the amount of food you get - it's well worth it!
Best to make reservations as the waits can get long - but the tavern downstairs helps with the wait.

Reviewed October 4, 2012

Dobbin House is the oldest building in Gettysburg and was a stop on the undergroun railroad. We dined upstairs in one of their "canopy bed" tables. We were celebrating an anniversary and it was really neat and romantic to be curtained off from the rest of the diners. Service was excellent. Our waitress was warm, friendly and super efficient. The food was amazing. The french onion soup here is the best I have ever had. The put little bits of prime rib in the soup and use two different kind of cheeses. They bake their own bread and we got a basket of it to enjoy while we waited on our dinner. From soup to dessert we thoroughly enjoyed dining at Dobbin House and highly recommend it. Oh and the waitstaff were dressed in period costumes which added to the ambiance!

1  Thank Kentucky_Kat