“A Nice Find”

Mamma Ventura Restaurant & Lounge
Ranked #33 of 133 Restaurants in Gettysburg
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Family owned and Operated since 1980 Everything is homemade and made with love We have a Full service bar Our lounge is located in the rear of the building and open everyday @ 5pm till 2am Sundays 8pm till 2am
Reviewed August 8, 2014

Not to be confused with Jesse's mom's kitchen, this was quite a find on an evening where there were prohibitive crowds at just about every restaurant in The Circle at #Gettysburg #PA. On a weeknight in early August, this was out of the ordinary. But glad to have found this small, quiet spot with a full bar and a few tables. I was craving for #Cioppino but settled for #ZuppaDiPesce on the menu. Not the same. The #Italian immigrants who settled in #NorthSanFrancisco in the 19th Century invented the former. I sometimes find it on menus outside of #CA and when I do, it's a great experience. But I digress. A respectable array of local, national, & global brews on tap. Only place I ever met a server from Kailua-Kona who had me fooled for a Bronx native. Go figure. Family friendly. May have to park away and walk. Come hungry. Highly recommended.

Reviewed August 7, 2014

We visited Gettysburg and took dinner @ Mamma Ventura; we ordered some house specials but the food was terrible and much overpriced; the service was also worse; a place to avoid with high certainty;

2  Thank GUy S
Reviewed August 4, 2014

We ate here twice, both nights were terrific. The staff was super friendly. Great value. had pizza one night, steaks the next. Both terrific. great value, cute place.

Reviewed July 21, 2014

I try to give every restaurant the benefit of the doubt, but if I could give this one a half star, I would. I went with a party of five. Out of the five dishes ordered, no one could eat their meal. Venture's sauce is terrible. It was as though they opened up a can of tomato paste. It was so tomatoey it had no other flavor. I ordered shrimp linguine which may have been the only thing edible, but half way through, it was swimming in the sauce, and I couldn't eat it. The rolls had been heated, and once they cooled a bit, they were hard. My husband told them their food wasn't very good, but no offer was made to make anything right. I would strongly urge you not to waste your money.

1  Thank 120SueN
Reviewed July 2, 2014 via mobile

We dine in Gettysburg often since we live so close by and love to walk around town. This particular Thursday evening, we decided to give Mama's a try because of its lower price menu in comparison to other options on the same block, being a pizza place. When we walked into a relatively empty front room (they could have had a larger number of patrons in the rear dining room) we were surprised how long it took for a waitress to have tables cleaned- just to seat us and one other family of four? Then they failed to provide menus, a young man from that family of four nicely got menus for both his and our table from the hostess stand. It was again a struggle to order...once we could order, I must admit the calzone was not only delicious but it was also the size of a large pizza folded in half. I feel as if the waitresses were waiting tables, bar tending and preparing the food?!?!?! It was a long night for a calzone and after 10 pm before we left...as good as it tasted, we most likely will use Pizza Hut in lieu of wait, wait, wait for pizza.

1  Thank Karen B