“Italian Cuisine at its best”

Mamma Ventura Restaurant
Ranked #33 of 129 Restaurants in Gettysburg
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Cleveland
“Italian Cuisine at its best”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

We went to Mamma Ventura's when we would have had to wait 1:45 minutes to get into another restaurant. You won't be disappointed! I had the chicken marsala, which was the best I've ever had! The bread was fresh -- the atmosphere warm and inviting. The hostess and wait staff were terrific. My boyfriend's dinner (a seafood dish with clams, etc.) was delicious but not filling enough. I will say one thing about Gettysburg restaurants -- they are stingy with the portion sizes! I'm used to getting much more food for the $$ I spent. That's my only complaint, however. Check Mamma Ventura's out!

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Bonnie M

New York City, New York
“Money Saver”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

After our experiences here, I've decided to only stay in motels that have refrigerators and microwave ovens, it's already worked out well, and saved us money.
My friend ordered pasta primavera in olive oil and garlic, the pasta which contained mostly raw green pepper was floating in about an 1/8th of an inch of oil.
I ordered lasagna, noodles were very very over cooked and dissolved in my mouth, the sauce had black charred bits, i saw small amount of mozzarella cheese but no ricotta filling.
This was the night of the last big snow storm and we had to stay over another day in Gettysburg perhaps the Chef couldn't get in.

St. George, Utah
“Nice atmosphere, food okay.”
Reviewed April 26, 2013

Tried this on a recommendation. Service was very good, atmosphere was nice and casual, but food was only average. Food presentation was nice. Salad was basic, but good. Had crab cakes for one entree and they were very good. Had the 14oz Prime Delmonico for the other. It was just average and didn't feel it was even a good choice cut. Enjoyed our evening, but would try someplace else next time.

Stow, Ohio
“An excellent New York style pizza , nice small italian place”
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Had salads , beers and pizza. Food was great to excellent . Service was good , we were in and out in perfect time to see more of the area .
One issue with a glass that hadn't been cleaned well.

Wading River, New York
“awesome steak”
Reviewed April 23, 2013 via mobile

my brother is more and I went here for dinner.
we both had their 14 ounce steak dinner and salads.
the state was outrageously delicious.
I don't know what to tell you other than bring an appetite because you're going to need it.
get a steak dinner you would love it. :-)