“Pleasant Place for Dinner”
Review of Avenue Restaurant - CLOSED

Avenue Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed August 23, 2014

The Avenue Restaurant is kind of an old style diner/coffee shop which we found pleasant. There was a good sized menu and the prices were reasonable. The food was fine - nothing memorable - but just fine for what we came there for - a decent , non-fast food dinner with enough choices to suit everyone and good, prompt service.

Thank OscarW.

Reviewed August 20, 2014

Stopped by for a sandwich and I had to ask for a pickle.
Everything on the menu came with french fries. I asked if I could have the sandwich and no fries. The answer was that it came with fries and I'd have to pay for them anyway. Didn't make sense to me but I was hungry and decided to stay.

Reviewed August 19, 2014 via mobile

Now I'm a meat and potatoes kind of gal and was super excited to see a Baked Potato Supreme. Unfortunately I was met with baked potato vomit. I not only looked disgusting, but the taste was horrid. Not going back there!

Reviewed August 19, 2014

I enjoyed the easy-going, down home atmosphere of The Avenue. We ordered the chili, grilled cheese, the supreme potato, egg salad and fries for $32. Everyone enjoyed their entrée and my only compliant was the white bread on my egg salad was very try and tough on the ends. I'm sure if I had complained, the issue would have been addressed immediately but the folks there are so nice, I didn't want to say anything! So needless to say, the service was excellent. The lady working that evening was very friendly, knowledgeable about the menu, and made you feel like she knew you the minute you walk through the door.

Reviewed August 17, 2014

My group of five had Sunday breakfast here this morning. The did was really good. The staff was very nice but rather slow. I'm glad we were seated by 9:00 because the place was packed to the rafters with a line out the door by 9:30. Good food, good prices...it's worth it.