“Breakfast served all day”
Review of Avenue Restaurant - CLOSED

Avenue Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Food is very good and reasonably priced. Great service with a smile. We will be going back here on our next trip.

Reviewed August 17, 2013

This is a nice homey family diner. When we got there we noticed a lot of local were there - to us that's an indication that the food is probably good. It was outstanding. Our server was Ryan and he went above and beyond, checking in frequently to make sure we had everything we needed. I ordered the sweet potato pancakes - they were awesome. I especially enjoyed the sour cream / brown sugar dip. My husband ordered bacon eggs and toast, all done to perfection. This place was so good we decided to go back this morning for our final breakfast in Gettysburg. We were lucky enough to get Ryan again. When he brought our orders, he was not satisfied that my egg was cooked to my exact specification so even though I said it was okay, he had the cook make me another one and had it at our table in just a few moments. Now that is what. I call going above and beyond. If I ever get back to Gettysburg, I would definitely eat there again.

Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

Food is good but service is terrible will not return they make you seem like your bothering them takes a long time for refills

Reviewed August 14, 2013

I eat here every time I'm in Gettysburg. The food is homemade. There are great crab cakes, sweet potato fries and desserts made from scratch. The employees are always friendly. This isn't a touristy place, but it's well worth a stop.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

We had breakfast. The food was good, nothing really special but it was tasty and the service was good. Hostess and waitress both very friendly.