“Great pizza, but it's a zoo in there”
Review of Tommy's Pizza

Tommy's Pizza
Ranked #6 of 129 Restaurants in Gettysburg
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Takeout
Alexandria, Virginia
“Great pizza, but it's a zoo in there”
Reviewed May 27, 2014

My boyfriend and I ate here on a Friday night before a ghost tour. The first thing that hits you is the place is practically a madhouse. Several people were gathered at the front by the registers, but there weren't any employees or signs to indicate if you sit down and wait for someone to take your order. We couldn't get the attention of anyone at the register, and after nearly being pummeled by adults and children alike in the seating area, we honestly almost left. A busboy noticed me and told me to order at the front. We ordered a 14" pizza, half cheese and half sausage. The wait was about 35 minutes, which didn't leave us much time to eat, but the pizza was delicious. If you were able to order at your table, I feel like the chaos would be resolved and it'd be a 5 star place.

1 Thank MD2VA

Baltimore, Maryland
“Sooooooooo Goooooooood!!”
Reviewed May 27, 2014

Love this place. delicious pizza subs and more. cheap & nice community atmosphere. We will return again.

Visited October 2013
“OK, but nothing special”
Reviewed May 26, 2014

We went based on the reviews we'd seen. We got individual slices of cheese or cheese plus pepperoni and mushroom. The cheese pizza was OK, with lots of cheese, but the mushrooms were canned vs. fresh, so I took them off. The whole pizzas we saw others get looked better than the individual slices. My wife got a Greek salad, which was quite large, and OK, but again, nothing special. It took about 15 min to get our food once ordered, which is OK, considering it's pizza, though I'm pretty sure our slices weren't made from scratch from our order. Overall, I'd give this an average rating.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Terrible service”
Reviewed May 26, 2014

The guy got our order wrong, and when we told him he only argued with us about what we had said. When we went to order more so I could actually eat, he begrudgingly said he would remake our order correctly. It was over an hour between the time we got there and the time we got our pizza made correctly. When we went back in to ask for a box for our leftovers, the same man working the front desk ignored us completely. Would have been a completely different story if they had just owned the error, apologized, and remade our pizza. My husband and I both got sick to our stomachs after as well. We will not be going back here and was overall our only negative experience in Gettysburg.

1 Thank Kadertot
Shelbyville, Indiana
“Was a good late night snack.”
Reviewed May 20, 2014

Great "Ma and Pa" restaurant, and they are open until midnight! Great place to eat when you are planning a late night of chasing ghosts. It is in close proximity (walking distance) of all the ghost hunting tours.