“Glad We Found It” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #20 of 28 Hotels in Gettysburg
Baltimore, Maryland
“Glad We Found It”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

We were to be camping in gettysburg but had a mishap with our checkin at the campground, and decided to find a hotel we could stay in until morning when we could hopefully get everything at the campground straightened out.

We stumbled upon this hotel. We spent 90 for two king beds, a flat screen tv, microwave, and fridge. We also went straight down to the restauraunt to grab a bite to eat, service friendly and food hit the spot. The front desk staff EXTREMELY helpful, answered all of our questions about how the government shut down was affecting gettysburg, etc. They even notified us when we left our phone there by accident, so we were able to go back and pick it up right away.

Clean, friendly, good hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank stormeo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Oil City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

Amazing staff! While the facility was a bit rough around the edges the people working here made up the difference creating a great experience. I had car troubles while I was at a workshop and the staff helped find me resources and coordinate things so I could focus on my work. A huge relief!

I also suggest trying the pineapple!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for the USS Horne reunion. First time here. Hotel was great. Staff very friendly. Rooms clean and spacious. Wish the restaurant was open more during the week but I understand there was just not enough business to justify. When the restaurant was open it was excellent. The lounge was great. Lelani is an excellent manager and super friendly. My wife and I really enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed September 2013
Newport, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

the staff is friendly and helpful, the rooms are very comfortable and am hoping to go back next year to see what improvements have been made, sometimes it is about the effort the People put into a project that makes a place worth the trip.

philadelphia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

Just stayed here for a conference. Rooms were huge & clean & well appointed. Service was great, everyone from the front desk staff to managers to waiters were very friendly. We ate all of all meals here as well, the food was very good and I'm generally a picky eater!

Two downsides: the wifi was spotty at times, and the gym--in the old Eisenhower part of the hotel--was awful. Three cardio machines; a treadmill that was Out of Order, an ancient stair master that I couldn't get to input a workout, and a primitive exercise bike (which worked great, just outdated!). Did not do weights, as 3 of the 4 weight machines had extremely cracked foam pads that badly needed replacing. I know many people do not use hotel gyms, but for those that do, it's a letdown.

Overall though, a great experience. Would come back again for a business event.

• 3 of 5 stars
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

My husband and I had a brief stay at Aspire hotel September 14-15 2013. We bought a voucher from livingsocial.com and planned our discounted overnight stay for the weekend opening ceremonies at the Seminary Ridge Museum to which we donated. We checked in early evening Saturday and went to our room to put luggage away. The room was large with two king size beds and a sleeper sofa. The bathroom was a comfortable size as well. Everything was clean and neat. We didn't spend too much time in the room as we wanted to eat dinner before the ceremonies started at the museum. We returned to our room around 8:30 because i was tired being 37 weeks pregnant.
Around 1:00 I awoke to find my water had broke. After waking my husband, I called the front desk and asked the woman on duty to please call for help. While waiting for an ambulance, hotel security stopped by the room to offer assistance. Once the ambulance arrived, the security officer assured us that if we had left anything in our room after hastily packing, he would contact my husband and hold any item. I delivered my first daughter that night in Gettysburg Hospital. The security guard did give a curtesy call to check on our well being going above and beyond expected customer service. So I want to thank the staff on duty early morning Sunday the 15 for keeping calm and being so efficient and helpful during our brief stay at Aspire.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank annettedepalma
PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

We had a Living Social Coupon and this was our first visit to Gettysburg and this hotel. We booked a double king room and OMG was it spacious. Our room had a couch, microwave and small fridge. It also had a second sink outside the bathroom, which was great when someone was using the bathroom. The front desk people were extremely nice.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family