“reunion at aspire”

Aspire Gettysburg Hotel
Ranked #21 of 28 Hotels in Gettysburg
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Military reunion at the Aspire. Excellent location for the Gettysburg area. Mark at the front desk was excellent, as were all the staff. Hotel is clean and quite beautiful. Rate was excellent. Staff was very accommodating to our last minute needs. Rooms were tasteful and comfortable. We will stay here again.
The only two small things, no shelves, or places, in the shower to place your shampoo etc... my friend, a Safety/Health type for the Government, found mold on the top shower tiles, he said someone used the wrong type of tiling. We reported this to the staff and they quickly jumped on it. No other negative reports from our groups other rooms, I would put this in perspective because it really is a great place to stay!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed September 1, 2013

We stayed 2 nights at the Aspire Hotel, for our 16th wedding anniversary, and I can honestly say that we have had the best weekend we have had in years. The room was gorgeous, 2 king sized beds, flat screen tv, and very clean and fresh. When we checked in, Mark at the front desk was so polite and told us things to do, and where to eat, and always asked us if there was anything he could do for us. The first night we went to the Lounge we sat at the bar and had a great conversation with the bartender, Lalani. She treated us like family, so we went back the second night and she was even better. When we left we felt like we had spent time with great friends. Next year when we go back to Gettysburg we will absolutely be staying at the Aspire! I could not rate this hotel high enough to say the way everyone made us feel.

Room Tip: Call the Aspire direct to book, they will treat you amazingly.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Friendly staff. Good basic room -- somewhat dated, but comfortable and clean. The In room WiFi connection was sporadic, but surfing the net is not why we picked this hotel. The location on Emmitsburg Road south of town gave us easy access to Gettysburg and the National Military Park for a weekend of sight seeing. It also avoided the visitor congestion surrounding other in-town hotels.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Stayed at the Aspire for my kid's weekend soccer tournament. After 6+ hours of driving, I needed a clean, comfortable place to stay. Check in was quick with no fuss, no muss. The gentleman working the desk was very polite and professional. The room was spacious (2 kings and a pull out sofa) and comfortable. Microwave, coffee pot, and small refigerator with sink separate from bathroom and storage cabinets helped keep my staples orderly and meal expense down. Beds were comfortable. The indoor pool at the adjoining Eisenhower hotel entertained my daughter (and soccer team) during the evenings. Thank you Aspire staff for an enjoyable stay.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

My daughter gave me a coupon for the room. I don't know how much she paid but the room was not expensive. I visited Gettysburg with my granddaughter. The hotel was fine: room very large, clean, good beds, comfortable sleep. Very minor problem with the shower hardware. We were there on a Monday and the Eisenhower Convention Center next door was eerily empty - restaurant closed - and the indoor pool really too cold for comfort. Temperature perhaps good for a lap pool, not for a relaxing dip. Staff was pleasant. A very nice stay. I still can't figure out why they close the name "Aspire" which infers that you haven't reached what you are hoping to!

Reviewed August 18, 2013

I used a Social Living voucher for our recent stay at the Aspire. The staff was friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean, the beds big and able to accommodate two adults and two Tweens easily. The pillows were a bit hard. It was helpful to have the microwave and refrigerator. The towels were sturdy and there were plenty of them. I would not recommend the restaurant as it was a bit pricey for fairly ordinary food. However, there is a serviceable deli on the premises which is open 7:30am - 10:00pm. There is a lot of space around the hotel (off street) where kids can run around a get off steam. The amusement park is "ok." It is a bit dated and the equipment is not new. However it was useful for a bit of diversion. But, I wouldn't make it the reason for staying at the hotel. Overall, I was pleased to have clean respectable accommodations that were not outrageously expensive. I would go back again - even without the discount of the Living Social voucher.

1  Thank Manassas-Travler
Reviewed August 17, 2013

This hotel was pretty basic. Front desk staff was friendly and helpful. Rooms were large, and while it was nice to have two king-sized beds, they were hard and uncomfortable. The shower worked poorly -- the flow from the shower head was spotty. My husband likened the experience to "being spit on by an elephant." That pretty much sums it up. I really liked the location, though. It is not a far drive from the town and really close to the Gettysburg battlefields. Although I usually rate hotels' fitness centers, I did not even look at this one because the opportunity to jog down the road to battlefield in the morning was too enticing. It was a beautiful and peaceful run. If they could fix the mattresses and the shower heads, I would rate this hotel higher, just for the location alone. However, the bed and shower are too essential to the quality of the trip for me, so I probably won't go back to this hotel the next time I go to Gettysburg.

1  Thank WorkingMom74