New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Aspire Gettysburg Hotel

Aspire Gettysburg Hotel
Ranked #19 of 28 Hotels in Gettysburg
Odenton, Maryland
“Friendly staff; nice location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

This hotel was pretty basic. Front desk staff was friendly and helpful. Rooms were large, and while it was nice to have two king-sized beds, they were hard and uncomfortable. The shower worked poorly -- the flow from the shower head was spotty. My husband likened the experience to "being spit on by an elephant." That pretty much sums it up. I really liked the location, though. It is not a far drive from the town and really close to the Gettysburg battlefields. Although I usually rate hotels' fitness centers, I did not even look at this one because the opportunity to jog down the road to battlefield in the morning was too enticing. It was a beautiful and peaceful run. If they could fix the mattresses and the shower heads, I would rate this hotel higher, just for the location alone. However, the bed and shower are too essential to the quality of the trip for me, so I probably won't go back to this hotel the next time I go to Gettysburg.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank WorkingMom74

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Keene, NH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

This place is lovely. Rooms are huge! Two king beds and a pullout sofa. Big bathroom. Room and property is clean and nicely decorated. I'd highly recommend the Aspire. This property is located just past the battlefields. Great location - you can see gorgeous sunsets from the battlefields and a quick jaunt to downtown for food or back to the hotel for relaxing by the pool. I must say the staff is top notch. We were greeted by a front desk employee named, Mark. He made us feel most welcome and had a great sense of humor. His counterpart, Thomas, was also very helpful and put up with us as we tried to coordinate a group picture in front of their work station. We are traveling with two other couples and they made sure our rooms were placed close to each other, as requested. A true gem, great value - will stay here again.

Room Tip: We got a handicapped room - very spacious!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
asheboro NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

We stayed at the Aspire Inn august 7 and 8 and i cannot tell you how wonderful we were taken care of! what a delight to have wonderful smiling people behind the desk ready willing and able to help you in any circumstance mostly "Tommy" who put us in our room after Hotels .com did not have a room for us at the hotel we originally booked, then they booked us into the Aspire and we did not have a room when i arrived, but Tommy fixed aLL that after my 8 hour drive from NC
i needed a smile and a pillow and He did all that and then some. His patience while i was on the phone with hotels.com getting my refund before i booked with the Aspire He genuinely was amazing and even ask for the indoor pool to be open past the normal closing time for my son. Wow! he was just amazing!
the Aspire was Amazing! Whenever i plan my next trip to Gettysburg i certainly wont stay anywhere else but the Aspire hands down they are exactly what you need to have after a long day of Gettysburg tours...when i crawled into that bed i swore i was never going to leave it I felt like a queen and want to thank Aspire for giving my son and I that wonderful special feeling of King and queen treatment thank you again!
The Aspire might be one of Gettysburgs best kept secrets!

Room Tip: I did not use service dine with them or use the spa so I will leave those comments blank
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Frederick, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

Just wanted to say our room at the Aspire was great. My issue was with the pool. I told the check-in clerk several times about the temperature of the water. It was freezing. One person told us they don't heat the pool in the summer. Then someone told us the heater kicks on if it goes below 78. That is way to cold for a supposed to be heated indoor pool. Therefore I was very disappointed in my stay and will not be going back. The pool is not warm enough to enjoy swimming!!! Also the Restaurant was not open the entire we were there.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank Laura H
InnsOfDistinction, Manager at Aspire Gettysburg Hotel, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Dear Laura H,

Thanks for posting your review on TripAdvisor and for telling the world "our room at the Aspire was great." And thanks for staying with us, we certainly appreciate both!

I want you to know that our pool is heated and it's also set to a thermostat, so I am surprised by your comment. Most guests love the comfortable water temperature, sorry you didn't.

Anyway, we do hope you will come back soon...

DRH
North Canton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

Great price. Really liked the setting! The options for breakfast were great. Been to Gettysburg six times and always stayed in town, so the ride in seemed just a little inconvenient but don't let that deter you!

• Stayed June 2013
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

I had forgotten a pair of special earrings on the dresser and the maid put them in a plastic bag with my room number on it and I was able to get them back several hours after I checked out.
Honesty is a huge item when you have strangers in and out of your room for servicing.
The staff were all very pleasant and helpful.
Great Breakfast buffet.
Nice Lounge

Room Tip: I stayed in a beautiful suite with 2 beds, jacuzzi, refrig, microwave and sitting room. 2 TVs
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Lois R
Dear Lois R

Thanks for giving the Aspire Gettysburg Hotel a PERFECT TripAdvisor score...and thanks for staying with us recently. We appreciate both!

You are 100% right, "honesty is a huge item" when you select a hotel, and I am glad our team exceeded your expectations.

Plus, I enjoyed reading when you wrote "The staff were all very pleasant and helpful." and when you wrote "Great Breakfast buffet." and "Nice Lounge"

We are happy you enjoyed staying with us...come back soon!

DRH
Attica, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

We stopped in Gettysburg on our way home from Virginia and saw a coupon for the Eisenhower in a hotel coupon book for $69.00 for 4 people. Stopped at the Eisenhower who sent us to the Aspire. The Aspire honored our coupon and even upgraded our room to have king beds. We were pleasantly surprised with the size of the room. The amenities for the Aspire (pool, deli, restaurant, etc) are located at the Eisenhower (both hotels are physically connected). The pool is decent sized and has a shallow section of 2 feet and a "deep" end of 5 feet (I believe). The personnel were very kind and polite.

The Aspire/Eisenhower resort is a little out of downtown if we wanted to walk to the shops and museums but it is barely a few minutes drive down the road to the Battlefield and only a little bit further to downtown.

Only complaint we have is that the decor is a bit outdated (especially in the restaurant), but that is merely aesthetics and nothing that should influence someone's decision to stay at this wonderful hotel. Overall we were pleased with the value and the service.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends