“Perfect lunch spot”

Cuisines: American
Pocono Pines, Pennsylvania
“Perfect lunch spot”
Reviewed June 26, 2014

Happened upon Flats having not been in Gettysburg for three years. Great lunch spot: eat inside or out, fresh made chips with balsamic sauce and parmesan were wonderful. Good sandwiches, okay pricing. Nice visit.

• Visited May 2014

“Good quick lunch place”
Reviewed June 20, 2014

I eat here pretty frequently b/c it's near my office and I can get restaurant.com gift certificates that save me at least $4 a meal. And I have one of those punch cards that get me a free sandwich after buying 10? something like that.
Food is good - I know the menu changed recently, but I usually get the Buffalo Pizza or the Gorgonzola salad. If I'm really hungry, the Chik Parm sandwich is good, too. Service is pretty fast, atmosphere is nice and it's right off the Gburg square (which is a circle!) next to the Majestic Theater.

• Visited June 2014
Fairfield, Pennsylvania
“It was just okay - but I didn't have a flatbread”
Reviewed May 5, 2014

I was excited to try Flats - I had no idea it was here and I'm a local! I made the mistake of ordering a sandwich that did not come on a flatbread. I read on tripadvisor that the flatbreads were amazing but everything else was just okay. I got the au jus steak sandwich. The steak was either sitting in the pan all day or just very dried out. The chips were good. I'd like to give it another try sometime and get a flatbread.

Service was quick. I don't think we waited longer than 10 minutes. And the place was busy but not crowded.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank ktmk13
“Still Hungry”
Reviewed April 16, 2014 via mobile

I ordered the killer beef and my wife ordered the Baja Chicken. I thought my food was very good, but my wife's chicken seemed to simply be a boiled chicken breast with no seasoning. However, we both agreed that the portions were tiny and we both left hungry. You do not get what you pay for.

Visited April 2014
Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
“terrific sandwiches, salads, & appetizers”
Reviewed November 30, 2013

This is a great place to grab a sandwich or quick bite to eat before a show or movie at the Majestic theatre, since it is located inside.
Our meals were served quickly & we made it to the show on time. Everything looked and smelled delicious, but my choices were severely limited due to my allergies & gluten sensitivities. When I asked what the gluten-free choices were, the server looked at me & said, "what's that!?!" I didn't feel like boring this poor woman with the long drawn out explanation of what I can & can't eat to avoid headaches, indigestion, & joint pain... Usually I am handed a menu listing all the allergens/ ingredients, or a regular menu has "gf" beside the choices, or sometimes I am lucky enough to have a server that will suggest choices or alterations/substitutions to allow me to have a good dining experience. It is frustrating to go out to eat & I really don't want to feel like that nuisance customer, but I did have to finally ask her about ingredients, & hope they were knowledgable enough to answer. My husband loved his toasted sandwich & I envied its wonderful scent. I loved my salad with balsamic dressing, & my five yr old loved her pasta. I would love to see Flats, at least label their menu choices as "gf", & maybe offer some gluten free bread for those who can't eat or don't want to eat things with gluten. While we loved our food there, I was frustrated with having to guess if what I was choosing was going to have sideeffects that can last for up to three days.

Visited September 2013