“Great food!”

Elverson, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food!”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Delicious scrapple, eggs cooked perfectly, and french toast that was out of this world! The place was spotless and the service was excellent!

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Carol T

Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
“Best breakfast in Gettysburg”
Reviewed June 9, 2014

We have lived in Gettysburg going on 7yrs now and feel as if we have not had a good meal here yet, that is until now! We stopped into the West Side diner only on a whim and I am so happy we did! We were able to have breakfast at noon on Saturday, breakfast is served all day. Everything was perfect the chipped beef gravy was homemade and flavorful and the waitress was so attentive and friendly! We were so pleased with our meal we have vowed to make it a Saturday ritual. Oh, and it was very reasonably priced by Gettysburg standards. The decor is not much to look at but the food certainly makes up for that! I would recommend this diner to anyone that would listen!

• Visited June 2014
3 Thank JJenkins78
Glen Carbon, Illinois
“Great comfort food and affordable price”
Reviewed June 4, 2014

Nice place off the beaten path. Service was excellent. The food was also very yummy. French Toast I highly recommend. If you want simple and cheap head on over. Definitely would go again if in the area.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank CheraKay
Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
“The West Side Diner - Home away from home”
Reviewed May 30, 2014

Good food, very reasonable. Good, friendly service. The chicken salad is the best! I eat there for breakfast and lunch.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank William F
“Nice place to stop for breakfast”
Reviewed May 26, 2014 via mobile

After reading reviews on "The West Side Diner" I decided to have breakfast there while on my way to play golf. I wasn't disappoint, I had eggs and fried potatoes, scrapple and coffee. The scrapple was Hatfield which is available all year long, which is unusual as scrapple is mostly only made from October thru mid April. Hatfield scrapple is very good. I wasn't impressed with their version of fried potatoes. They bake their potatoes first, then mash them and fry them into grated potato cake. I prefer my fried potatoes to be just sliced and fried. But they were still good, and I did enjoy breakfast there. Very clean, not real busy when I got there, but got busier before I finished eating. I would eat there again.

Visited May 2014