“great diner for tourists willing to walk a few blocks from town”
Review of West Side Diner

West Side Diner
Ranked #38 of 131 Restaurants in Gettysburg
Cuisines: American
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Gettysburg has hundreds of thousands of tourists who pass through each year. The West Side Diner is tucked in a little shopping center that is off the main tourist drag. It caters mostly to locals. The food is very reasonably priced and is quite good. The decor is...well...if you want ambiance, look elsewhere. My wife and I eat breakfast here at least once a week and we have the occasional lunch. Our breakfast staples are a Veggie Wrap and poached egg on whole wheat toast. Incidentally, they serve the Veggie Wrap with a fresh fruit cup instead of home fries if you are weight conscious. The fruit is really good all year round. Our breakfast bill which always includes a couple of cups of coffee (pretty good coffee and never of the last drop in the pot variety) comes to $9.63. Since the waitresses never bother to add up the bill, it often mysteriously varies by about a quarter depending on the waitress, her mood, and other imponderables. Yesterday we had a typical lunch consisting of a Chicken Salad Wrap and a Club sandwich. We consistently comment that this uninspired order meets or exceeds our highest expectations. This review is for Gettysburg visitors who want a decent meal for a decent price at a place that does not advertise or attract attention to itself in any other way. If you walk west along Chambersburg Pike (Route 30) about four blocks past Lincoln Circle, you'll get good exercise and a good meal.

1  Thank George T

Reviewed July 21, 2013

I had breakfast here yesterday morning and was pleasantly surprised. Very small, unassuming place, but had great service from Beth, and the food was served promptly, and was quite good. Hey, how good can a Western Omelette be? Actually, pretty darn good. Hey, the staff was friendly and they had good reason to have a loyal local following by the number of people coming in who knew the place.
I liked it, and you will too.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

This little place on a scale of 1 to 10, is a 10! Food was excellent, service was great and is pretty inexpensive. It is just a little place over in the corner of a little shopping plaza, but if you find it, it is worth finding! Will most definitely be eating there when back in Gettysburg.

1  Thank dlb620
Reviewed June 10, 2013

My title says it all. This diner is located adjacent to the Segway Tours (and with your Segway tour receipt you get free beverages.

We had a quick lunch of burgers, chicken salad or hot wings respectively and all were served hot, delicious and with quick and excellent service.

This appears to be a local place rather than tourist designed destination - and I suspect the food and you budget are better for it.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

While visiting a friend over the Memorial Day weekend, he suggested this diner for breakfast. It turned out to be great. It’s away from the main tourist areas of the town, so there were no lines and it wasn’t overcrowded. Our server was very friendly and attentive throughout service. I ordered the West Side Diner Special ( I think), which consisted of eggs, choice of meat, home fries, and pancakes. I requested fresh blueberries in my pancakes which were plumb, and sweet. Also, I noticed that neither the eggs nor the potatoes were greasy, which was a big plus. The coffee was very good too. I highly recommend this place for anyone visiting and is looking for a good breakfast. My meal came to a little over $8 (not including tip) which is a great value, I think.