“Expensive, but delicious.”

Sidney Willoughby Run
Reserve with OpenTable
Sidney Willoughby Run is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #44 of 131 Restaurants in Gettysburg
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Route 30
Description: With a focus on simple ingredients, Chef Annis’ menu features small, elegant bites with sophisticated flavor. The menu, inspired by fresh, local ingredients, will change on a daily basis and has been designed to include a variety of small plates rather than the multi-course offerings of sister establishment, Restaurant Sidney in East Berlin.An extensive selection of liquor, beer, wine and cordials invites guests to relax in an urban contemporary atmosphere. The expansive outdoor seating area offers a serene experience with views of the battlefield land preserved by the National Park Service.
Reviewed May 27, 2014

We have enjoyed a few meals here and are always eager to show it off to people. The new happy hour seemed like a great opportunity...just pay up before six! Even though I asked about the happy hour prices (to which the answers were vague) and was there for happy hour, I was charged the full price because my check wasn't closed until after six. Come on...

There are newer reviews for Sidney Willoughby Run

Reviewed May 12, 2014

We had come to Gettysburg for the weekend to celebrate our 24 anniversary. Van from Swope Manor B&B highly recommended Sidney giving us descriptions of his favorite dishes. We were then pleasantly surprised by the beautiful grounds and loved dining outdoors as the sun went down. The dishes we ordered, the brussels sprouts, the pork belly and the seared tuna, were so innovative and delicious. We appreciated the variety as well as the portion sizes that left room for dessert and a port.

Reviewed April 21, 2014

Had Easter brunch here with 2 kids and 2 college aged kids. Buffet was amazing. Tons if variety and very unique and flavorful. There was something for everyone. Service was great. Brussels sprouts were so yummy and so was the salmon eggs Benedict. Only negative was they charged my 12 year old as an adult. He certainly did not come close to eating $40 worth of food!

Reviewed February 27, 2014

I took my sister out for her birthday dinner, & we had a great time. The service was warm & friendly. The food was delicious. The chef sent an amuse bouche to start us off, & our tastebuds were thrilled. It went perfectly with our cocktails. The appetizers were delicious, the entrees sublime, & dessert delectable. We shared a bottle of delicious red wine, & had more food that we could handle. I would definitely recommend this place for a special time out. The only cons are they are in a new building & the decor is pretty empty & leaves something to be desired. Also, the parking lot is down the hill from the restaurant; so be warned if you are wearing uncomfortable shoes. Otherwise a wonderful dinner, that I would repeat again.

Reviewed February 24, 2014

We tried Sidney WR for the first time on Valentine's Day. It was a very nice meal, but no elements that made me say "wow!". Beet salad was beautiful and good, with nice goat cheese, but the featured beets were boiled and not very flavorful - roasted would have been better - and the lettuce mix was heavy on the bitters. Adding fresh ground black pepper (which I had to ask for) made a big improvement. The salad had a granola like garnish which was good, but didn't really go with the salad. My husband's salmon was nicely cooked but not very flavorful. My duck was good but the accompanying vegetables didn't really accentuate the meat. We were not served any bread.

The best part of our meal was part of our dessert. We got the trio of custards and very much enjoyed the passion fruit one, but thought the other two were OK.

I agree with other reviews that the decor is pretty sparse. The advertized view of the battlefield is also a bit overstated. The bulk of the view is of the planted pine trees to the south. It does look like the outdoor seating could be fun in warmer weather.