“We've Had Better Cupcakes, but the Service was Very Good!”
Review of Gettysburg Cupcake Cafe' - CLOSED

Gettysburg Cupcake Cafe'
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: Gettysburg Cupcake Café specializes in delicious cupcakes, along with high quality espresso and coffee drinks. We offer a lunch menu that will include gourmet Panini sandwiches and soup. We pride ourselves on providing a friendly, relaxing atmosphere to make your visit enjoyable. We are located in the heart of historic Gettysburg near the corner of Baltimore Street and Steinwehr Avenue. You can't miss our building. It is the only pink house in in the area. Come in and visit us!
Ashland, Ohio
“We've Had Better Cupcakes, but the Service was Very Good!”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

My daughter and I stopped in on a yucky February day. The display cupcakes look fantastic and the atmosphere is very cozy. The young man and woman who took care of us were very pleasant and cordial. We got cupcakes, a cookie, and hot chocolates. The hot chocolates were fine--exactly what was expected. The cupcakes were...meh. We both agreed, 3 days before we saw the prior review, that the frosting tasted like Crisco. I had a pink velvet and my daughter had a cookies and cream. Just no flavor other than Crisco. My daughter reports that her cupcake was very good but it was ruined by the frosting. My cupcake was OK but tasted like buckwheat pancake batter. Not what I was expecting. The prices are not outrageous; about what you expect in Gettysburg. Overall it was OK--if you want great service, that's what we got. Cupcakes? About average.

gettysburgcupcakes, Owner at Gettysburg Cupcake Cafe', responded to this review, March 1, 2013
We would like to thank the reviewer for the honest feedback.

It is nice to read that our customer service is up to the standard we expect. We are very proud of our employees!

There appears to be some controversy regarding our icing. It seems people either love it or hate it. To clarify, our icing is a Swiss Meringue Buttercream. It contains egg whites, butter, sugar and a pinch of salt. We can guarantee our customers that no product we offer contains Crisco or any other shortening.

In response to this review and others, we will be introducing two new cupcakes this weekend. These cupcakes will feature a powdered sugar based buttercream. The icing will be sweeter than our standard Swiss Meringue Buttercream. We will be offering these cupcakes on the weekends only. However if these cupcakes receive a good response, they will be added to our everyday menu.

Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
“moist, but bland.”
Reviewed February 9, 2013

My wife and I live locally and love cupcakes. Our first experience was within the first month of opening, expecting a cupcake as vibrant and flavorful as the extreme pink exterior of the building that houses them. My choice was a mint chocolate cupcake that lacked mint and chocolate. If it wasn't for the faint green hue of the icing I wouldn't have guessed it to be mint. The cake was moist and dense but also lacking in chocolate flavor. We weren't sure we would ever return. We did. My wife got in a mood for a desert and I decided to suprise her with.....CUPCAKES. I stopped in and ordered a six pack, a little pricey but for gourmet it should be worth it, well I got home and must say we were disappointed again. The cakes were moist and dense but with little flavor and the icing was again bland and flavorless. I must say I can appreciate that sometimes less is more and that subtleness should be appreciated, but I am not a diabetic and when i order a strawberry champaign cupcake I expect to taste strawberries and a richness to go with it. The best thing going for the chocolate chip cookie dough cupcake was the cookie that topped it. From now on perhaps we'll come for lunch, which I hear is much better, and order a chocolate chip cookie for the end right off the bat, or just go to Mr. G's for desert. On the upside the service for me was wonderful, and friendly with a pleasant atmosphere and a clean orderly dining area.

• Visited February 2013
Gettysburg, Pennsylvania, United States
“The best of the best”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

I live in Gettysburg and my elderly friend and I love this place. The cupcakes are yummy and the the date night we have on Fridays, we enjoy a delicious sandwich, warm soup and our fantastic cupcake. We look forward to our visits. This is must on our busy calendars. Dawn and Keith make you feel so welcome and never rush you in or out. It is like coming home.

I am picky about my capachinos. They do a very good job - not bitterness, lots of foam and hot.

My mouth is watering.

• Visited February 2013
Williamsport, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Cute and Adorable”
Reviewed February 1, 2013

The staff is friendly and I always feel welcome here. I love the cupcake of the week idea and always enjoy trying it out. A cute and wonderful place to stop by while on vacation in Gettysburg.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank pylesk2010
York PA
“Holy White Hot Chocolate!”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Not only are the cupcakes good, the WHITE HOT CHOCOLATE is devine! The employees were friendly and helpful. A nice place to snack and relax. Just a cute little shop.

Visited November 2012