Federal Pointe Inn, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson(Gettysburg)(Great Value!)
$132
$116
Days Inn by Wyndham Gettysburg(Gettysburg)(Great Value!)
$101
$99
$239
$209
Official Website
  • Pool
1863 Inn of Gettysburg(Gettysburg)(Great Value!)
$136
Quality Inn Gettysburg Battlefield(Gettysburg)(Great Value!)
$177
QualityInn
Wyndham Gettysburg(Gettysburg)(Great Value!)
$159
$155
$212
$189
Hampton.com
Comfort Suites Gettysburg(Gettysburg)(Great Value!)
$133
$123
Priceline
The Lodges at Gettysburg(Gettysburg)(Great Value!)
$156
$152
Orbitz.com
All reviewsold schoolschool buildingno elevatorboutique hotelpub downstairshigh schooltall ceilingsgranite showerking suitethe main hotelhistoric buildingrooms are hugeparking lotshort walkfirst floormini fridgecivil war
Reviewed July 20, 2014

My wife , son and I spent one night here while visiting Gettysburg. This is a unique hotel, different from your normal chains. We are so happy we decided to stay here. Very clean, quiet and historic. Fits perfectly with a visit to Gettysburg. We have recommended this hotel to several friends and family.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Jason B
Reviewed July 14, 2014

My wife, son, and I spent 3 nights at the Federal Pointe recently, and it is a wonderful choice. We had a king suite on the second floor, and it was very impressive. The hotel is in an old school building - I don't think it is an original Civil War era building, but it matches the ambiance of such buildings in the town and is very charming. Only 18 rooms by my count, but they are large, quaint, and nicely remodeled. Our room was a corner suite and was huge - large, original windows, high ceilings, nice furnishings. The room had a queen fold out sofa bed as well, but there was still a large amount of spare room. The room, and the hotel, were clean and well maintained. Bathroom was huge and both quaint but modern. Big, marble tile lined shower and a large jetted tub. They have a nice little pub in the lower level. Staff was nice and helpful. The location, toward the west side of town, is slightly out of the way, but it's no big deal - Gettysburg remains a small town. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: They have king and double queen suites, as well as a few queen rooms - just ask for what you need.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank JohninDallas
Reviewed July 12, 2014

Small boutique inn ... Near the battlefields ... Great great location ! Staff is wonderful . Rooms are all huge !! As well as the bathrooms ...the pub is small and quaint .. Very clean hotel ...
Downtown is a walk away ..
We will be back !!!

Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 9, 2014

When I made my reservation I was struck by how helpful and courteous the clerk was. Later, when planning for our trip I called to ask about the best tours in the area (I checked Google and there were plenty of reviews, but the first impression compelled me to check with them) and they offered to schedule one for me. They set me up with a licensed tour guide [ask for Joy] and she was awesome. The staff was great--friendly without seeming forced. We had a King room and the room was outstanding. I can't say anything better. The hotel as a whole is beautiful. A bit pricey, but we went on the 151st anniversary so I'm not sure if rates were higher due to the timing. That's up to you to research. Regardless, it is in the top five of the best hotels I've stayed at for the price. For the money, definitely go with private tours. We did two, one with a licensed guide, and one with Nerdy Tours. Both were awesome and in combination provided a well rounded informational experience for a price that was well worth it. But I have digressed. .
TLDNR: It was a great experience and it would be a difficult choice for me to stay anywhere else.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 8, 2014

I'm a choice hotel member so I was able to get a great rate at this Ascend Hotel. This is one of the most beautiful hotels I've ever stayed in! You can see how it used to be an old school that they renovated. We had a room on the 1st floor. I had requested 1st floor because I found out there is no elevator. The rooms are huge - we had a 2 queen room which had beautiful furniture with an oversized chair and two four poster beds that were out-of-this world comfortable, and the pillows were great, too! The draperies are gorgeous and the paintings of the civil war battles were beautiful. They offer scones and tea in the afternoon, and there is a pub downstairs. The bathroom is really big with a beautiful marble walk in shower, and there was also a fridge in our room. It's located only a few miles from the battlefield - very convenient. Everyone should have the chance to stay at this beautiful and historic hotel!

Room Tip: Ask for a downstairs room if you don't want to carry your luggage up stairs - no elevators.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family