Federal Pointe Inn, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
Ranked #1 of 27 Hotels in Gettysburg
Westchester County, NY
“Outstanding”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

We stayed in one of the non suite king rooms. The room was absolutely wonderful - comfortable bedding, bathroom was very large. Flat screen tv in an old school. Original wainscoting align all the walls with beautiful turn of the century chandeliers hang overhead. Walking to the Center of town was about a 5 minute walk. Cannot say enough good things. A definite hotel to consider when traveling to Gettysburg!

1 Thank nukmeister1

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
New York, NY
Reviewed September 3, 2012 via mobile

This new hotel, in a renovated old school building, while not in the exact center of town, is an easy five minute walk to it. Our king bedded room was spacious, with original detail, 12 ft ceilings, spotless, and the bed and pillows extremely comfortable. Our room, on the third floor, was very quiet. Parking is on site, which I suspect it may not be in hotels smack in the middle of town. Only one quibble--there was no desk in the room if that is a necessity for you. Room had a mini fridge and coffee maker, as well as a flat screen tv and wifi. Hotel is very close to Gettysburg College. The staff members are very friendly and helpful. Definitely recommended. Oh, and very reasonably priced!

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank NewYorkNYTraveler
Whitestown, Indiana
Reviewed August 28, 2012

We stayed at the Federal Pointe Inn for 2 nights in a King suite. Modern amenities (huge shower, separate jetted jub, mini fridge, flat screen tv) blended well with 1880s schoolhouse charm (12 ft ceilings, original windows, original moldings) - all of which made for a very comfortable room. Location was perfect for cycling throughout the battlefields and walking distance to the center of town. Staff was extremely friendly and knowledgeable about the area.

Our only recommendation - request a room on the top floor. Keep in mind - no elevator, but it will be well worth the trade off. The first night was perfect - minimal traffic noise from the main street was not a big deal. The second night we had a hyped up baby elephant staying in the room above us. Ok it was a young child, but you never would have known it. Once the caffeine or sugar finally wore off, it sounded like a plane was landing above us. Apparently it was now bath time and the jetted tub was very loud. Maybe not a big deal if it was early, but it was past 11pm at this point.

Unfortunate quirks that go along with an older building. We still absolutely recommend the Federal Pointe Inn and will return if ever in the area again. But next time, we will be sure to be the ones on the top floor :-)

Room Tip: Top floor is a must!
Kane, PA
Reviewed August 24, 2012

So far I have stayed at this hotel twice for business. Having been open for just over a month it is a little slow on week days, though I am told it is quite busy on weekends. Simply put, the rooms are beautiful, the beds are incredibly comfortable, and the restrooms very nice with custom marble showers and floors. On my first stay I joined a tour being given by the owner to local residents. As a mechanical engineer it was very interesting listening to the history of the building as well as the trials and tribulations of the renovation as I have had the challenge myself designing HVAC systems for older buildings.

For the quality room, the price is a great value. It is a short walk of a few walks to the downtown roundabout. The front desk staff is always welcoming and helpful. The Keurig coffee makers are a nice and I was delightfully surprised when I grabbed the TV remote and it was identical to the XFinity remote I have at home. Will I be staying again? I sure will!

Room Tip: The suites are very nice (saw them on the tour) and they were finishing up the Honeymoon Suite in th...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Falls Church, Virginia
Reviewed August 23, 2012

We stayed at the Federal Pointe Inn and loved everything about it. The rooms are big and beautifully decorated. Every room has a Keurig coffee machine. The bathrooms are modern (shower only). We were able to walk to restaurants and shops. Parking is generous. The front desk staff walked us to our room and told us the history of the place and pointed out some interesting details of the renovation.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Emigsville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 19, 2012

I had the pleasure of being one of the first guest on the very first night this neww hotel/Inn opened.Simply stated it is beautiful. I had heard that the old Meade school had been purchased and that a luxury hotel was being established in this old historic school but I could not have imagined it could be this nice. I was very glad to learn that a local hotel owner had opened this facility and HAS TAKEN VERY PROACTICE STEPS TO PRESERVE THE HISTORY OF THE SCHOOL IN THIS BUILDING. That is extremely important to me and many other travelers to Gettysburg. I could only wish other previously constructed hotels in the area had done the same. The Inn is located in a prime area right on what would have been Day One of Battle land. The exterior remains much as the old school appreared and the interior exceeded my expectation. No expense was spared and the result is a luxurious and very beautiful first class Inn. I usually prefer the charm of the local bed and breakfast but I will have to tell you my evening here was really nice and will probably go back. Keeping it real I would add that the Inn would be a little more appealing if it had a small food service facility attached. The staff was wonderful and the owner was on hand to greet each guest. My prediction.... The Federal Pointe Inn will be the Number ONE Gettysburg Hotel in a few weeks. Congratulations on being the premier hotel in the Gettysburg market. I loved it!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank wsf423
Brooklyn, NY
Reviewed August 13, 2012

A great example of adaptive re-use, too! This stately building has been there since the late 1800s, and was always "The Meade School" in my family's collective memory. Its conversion into a hotel has been very competently done, and the rooms physically reflect its past life. We stayed in half of what I can only imagine was a diagonally subdivided administrative office on the main floor, and the first thing I noticed was how high the ceilings are! A nice switch from the beehive-themed, stacked-concrete-cube construction of hotels. Its service as a school had been until very recently, and I always remember what is now the parking lot as the playground filled with frolic -- I can see how the building can radiate an imposing, almost eerie castle-like feeling, but if you'd seen it in use, you'd know that it's not an ominous institutional shell that's merely been re-occupied. No "Oliver Twist" stuff here, for those who might be wary.

The shower (no bathtub, no problem) is VERY nice. The bed was incredibly comfortable. The mini-fridge and TV (with the latest incarnation of the ever-changing local satellite/cable providers) were swell amenities. A small hiccup with the keycards needing to be re-programmed every day, and the staff courteous about it, though admitting they're still getting the hang of it. Dunlap's, across the parking lot, has always been one of my favorite breakfast spots, and it serves as the de facto "on-site restaurant" here. I was surprised at how little noise from Buford Ave. (US-30) could be heard.

Have already made our Remembrance Weekend reservation here. I have a feeling it's going to catch on.

3 Thank NYCPress