Sleep Inn and Suites(Gettysburg)(Great Value!)
$104
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson(Gettysburg)(Great Value!)
$99
$84
Econo Lodge(Gettysburg)
$59
Days Inn by Wyndham Gettysburg(Gettysburg)(Great Value!)
$80
$77
1863 Inn of Gettysburg(Gettysburg)(Great Value!)
$117
Comfort Suites Gettysburg(Gettysburg)(Great Value!)
$114
Wyndham Gettysburg(Gettysburg)(Great Value!)
$161
$119
$169
$164
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
Quality Inn Gettysburg Battlefield(Gettysburg)(Great Value!)
$116
QualityInn
All reviewsold schoolno elevatorschool buildingunique hotelhigh schooltall ceilingsgranite showerdownstairs pubking suitethe main hotelhistoric buildingparking lotrooms are largefirst floormini fridgecivil warhistoric feel
Reviewed August 19, 2012

I had the pleasure of being one of the first guest on the very first night this neww hotel/Inn opened.Simply stated it is beautiful. I had heard that the old Meade school had been purchased and that a luxury hotel was being established in this old historic school but I could not have imagined it could be this nice. I was very glad to learn that a local hotel owner had opened this facility and HAS TAKEN VERY PROACTICE STEPS TO PRESERVE THE HISTORY OF THE SCHOOL IN THIS BUILDING. That is extremely important to me and many other travelers to Gettysburg. I could only wish other previously constructed hotels in the area had done the same. The Inn is located in a prime area right on what would have been Day One of Battle land. The exterior remains much as the old school appreared and the interior exceeded my expectation. No expense was spared and the result is a luxurious and very beautiful first class Inn. I usually prefer the charm of the local bed and breakfast but I will have to tell you my evening here was really nice and will probably go back. Keeping it real I would add that the Inn would be a little more appealing if it had a small food service facility attached. The staff was wonderful and the owner was on hand to greet each guest. My prediction.... The Federal Pointe Inn will be the Number ONE Gettysburg Hotel in a few weeks. Congratulations on being the premier hotel in the Gettysburg market. I loved it!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank wsf423
Reviewed August 13, 2012

A great example of adaptive re-use, too! This stately building has been there since the late 1800s, and was always "The Meade School" in my family's collective memory. Its conversion into a hotel has been very competently done, and the rooms physically reflect its past life. We stayed in half of what I can only imagine was a diagonally subdivided administrative office on the main floor, and the first thing I noticed was how high the ceilings are! A nice switch from the beehive-themed, stacked-concrete-cube construction of hotels. Its service as a school had been until very recently, and I always remember what is now the parking lot as the playground filled with frolic -- I can see how the building can radiate an imposing, almost eerie castle-like feeling, but if you'd seen it in use, you'd know that it's not an ominous institutional shell that's merely been re-occupied. No "Oliver Twist" stuff here, for those who might be wary.

The shower (no bathtub, no problem) is VERY nice. The bed was incredibly comfortable. The mini-fridge and TV (with the latest incarnation of the ever-changing local satellite/cable providers) were swell amenities. A small hiccup with the keycards needing to be re-programmed every day, and the staff courteous about it, though admitting they're still getting the hang of it. Dunlap's, across the parking lot, has always been one of my favorite breakfast spots, and it serves as the de facto "on-site restaurant" here. I was surprised at how little noise from Buford Ave. (US-30) could be heard.

Have already made our Remembrance Weekend reservation here. I have a feeling it's going to catch on.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank NYCPress
Reviewed August 13, 2012

We loved this place! The building is historic, much like the elementary school my Mom attended in Western PA. The location is awesome---completely walkable, which I discovered is a great feature in a history-rich downtown like Gettysburg. And it was just lovely inside! High ceilings, lemony tones, nice linens, modern bathroom. Would totally come here again!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 13, 2012

We stayed here this past weekend and the hotel is a lovely addition to town. It is brand new and is really beautiful all around. The owners have taken great care to make sure that every detail is perfect. We ended up here after taking a spur-of-the-moment trip to Gettysburg and discovering that our usual place to stay was full. The rooms are spacious and comfortable, with large bathrooms that include a shower stall AND large bathtub. The front desk staff is very pleasant and accommodating. Best of all, the hotel is in a quieter section of town, so there was no street or crowd noise. I highly recommend this inn.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 12, 2012

We (my wife and I and two sons) stayed the second week it was open and consider ourselves fortunate to do so. It's a real gem! The loaction is excellent being walkable to downtown. The building is grand and the rennovation beautiful and well executed. The rooms are large (ours also had a separate TV room with a pullout sofa bed) and well appointed. There are plans for an exclusive pub and resturant for guests, and an afternoon tea service is schdueld to start next week. The staff are very friendly and helpful. A great place to stay right now, but a place keep an eye on for the future too.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family