“Love this Place”

Good for: Special occasions
Good for: Special occasions
“Love this Place”
Reviewed March 12, 2013

I've been a regular customer at Wells since they opened, but have never written a review. I write reviews when I travel, but never seem to think to write local reviews. This is a great place. I've never had a bad experience at Wells. I've stopped in for coffee (it's great) and a muffin or cupcake; purchased numerous cakes at the last minute becaue I fail to plan ahead (Limoncello, and all sorts of chocolate varieties); and special orders for the holidays (the Yule Log, Christmas cookies). My most recent experience was..on my birthday a friend gave me a creme brulee from Wells. It was amazing. I've been on a low carb diet for three weeks and I dream every night that I'm eating that creme brulee!

• Visited February 2013

Mount Airy, Maryland
“So-So”
Reviewed March 9, 2013

We stopped by for a sweet after lunch and purchased 3 cookies and a cupcake. The cookies were so-so and the Tiramisu cupcake was terrible. I had to throw it away. I was so dissapointed! :-(

Visited March 2013
1 Thank sewcraz4361
New Haven, Connecticut
“Best in the 'Burg”
Reviewed March 8, 2013

I don't live in Gettysburg but visit often, and when I do, Wells Family Baking is always one of the stops. I've had the good fortune of sampling their Bavarian White and Dark Chocolate cake, Limoncello cake, Black Forest cake, Shortbread cookies, and a variety of quiches(HIGHLY recommended!). All of them have been of superior quality and flavor, and I suggest that anyone in the area stop in for a bite.
On top of that, the inside is open and inviting, with ample seating to enjoy a cup of coffee and pastry while taking in Gettysburg's many charms.

• Visited March 2013
Herkimer, New York
“Best Bakery Ever!”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

I live in Gettysburg and I don't know who these people are who have given a bad review to this bakery (probably the competition) but Delisa makes some of the best cakes I have ever had. I will track down any bakery when I travel as I love pastries, cookies, cupcakes, breads, etc. Wells Bakery is fantastic and I have eaten just about everything Delisa makes from cakes to quiche (awesome!), pastries and her cookies. My co-workers and I have treats from Wells Bakery every single weekend. It is awesome. I have tasted cupcakes, doughnuts and cookies from the other shops and they are not even in the same league. Keep up the good work, Delisa. We love your bakery!

• Visited February 2013
Biglerville, Pennsylvania
“Pastries are delicious but way over priced.”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Stopped by at Christmas time to buy pastries. the pastries - all homemade I was told were very tasty but way, way overpriced. I did not return due to the cost of the items. I felt I could get even or better quality elsewhere for less money.

Visited December 2012