“I don't know why I go back...”
Review of Luke's American Grille - CLOSED

Luke's American Grille
Cuisines: American
Reviewed December 13, 2012

Honestly, the food is not that fabulous and the prices are a bit high since the place markets itself towards the college kid crowd but for some reason, every so often, we go back to Luke's.
You order at the counter and someone brings the food out to you and you get your own refills. Typically, I get the Bullet cheesesteak which is largely flavourless and the chili cheese fries. The chili is slightly sweet making the chili cheese fries amazing. The baked goods are good but you mix fat and sugar together and you'll end up with something amazing.
The restaurant is tiny - if it's busy, go somewhere else (just don't go to the Avenue) since it's not worth the wait.

Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

We went to Likes this weekend and the food was excellent. I have been looking for something in the area that wasn't a fast food chain that we could get carry out to take back to out hotel for quite sometime. The food was so good and had I known how much food it was going to be and how big the burgers were I would have only gotten one burger to share with my husband.

I like that they use local farms as much as possible so you know your food is fresh and it makes it taste that much better.

We did not eat inside so I can't comment on the atmosphere except to say the staff was wonderful. Very polite and helpful.

I am glad we found this place as we travel to Gettysburg often. It will be definitely get our return business many times.

2  Thank susu2
Reviewed November 4, 2012

The restaurant was clean and staff was friendly. My food was delicious, the grilled piggy sandwich. The food is made fresh to order and brought to your table. The price was reasonable and the portions were large. Parking is around back. I would eat here again.

1  Thank tropical_lover_86
Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

Excellent lunch. Fresh clean decor great cheesesteak. Parking is easy in the lot behind the store . Would stop by for quick lunch again

Reviewed October 16, 2012

The woman at the front desk of our hotel suggested Luke's when we asked for a place to grab a quick lunch before going on our battlefield tour. I'm really glad we took her suggestion. Luke's is a 1950s style diner, with black and white floor, red accents and counters, and vintage coca cola decorations. You order at the counter, then they bring your food to your table. I wouldn't call it fast food, because everything is made fresh. Nothing is sitting under a heat lamp, which I appreciated. We waited about ten minutes for our burgers and fries, and it was well worth it. I got the bacon cheeseburger and my husband got the cheeseburger. The patties were made of fresh beef and were plump and juicy. The kind you have to eat over the basket so you don't make a mess! They were pretty big too, and the fries were hot and fresh, but not greasy. A lot of the kids from the local college came in and out to get food, so it's not a tourist trap. We paid 21 dollars for two burgers, fries, and two sodas (free refills). A little pricey compared to home, but not bad for Gettysburg, especially for the quality of food. We'd definitely go back next time we visit Gettysburg,