“The Only Photographer Working on Tuesday” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 30 Shopping in Gettysburg
Brooklyn, NY
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“The Only Photographer Working on Tuesday”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2012

We went to Gettysburg on a Monday and one of the things I wanted to do with the family was to have taken an old-fashioned photo taken wearing Civil War era clothing. I saw several ads of one particular photographer and it said on the brochure that he was open every day so when I called the next day to arrange an appointment and found he was closed, I was very disappointed.

It was a rainy Tuesday and I noticed a photographer next to Tipton Grill where we were having lunch, but he too was closed. I called him and he was willing to come in, but said he does not provide costumes.

I then remembered seeing one or two photographers on Steinwehr Ave, so we went and found Servants Old Tyme Photos. He wasn't very busy and he had costumes for everyone.

The owner was very personable and did his work very quickly. We ended up getting one in black and white and one in something called "old time" which is in between black and white and full color. Very reasonable prices. He doesn't advertise much, but we were all satisfied by the experience and the products.

Visited May 2012