My fiance, 10 y/o son, and I had come to Gettysburg for the Gettysburg Bluegrass Festival (It was AWESOME). The Eisenhower Inn was so not worth it. Upon arriving, myself and a few others waited in line for around 30 minutes just to check in. Someone who was in front of us, had a problem w/ their room, and instead of another desk clerk coming to help the rest of the line, it took about four of them to help that one person. So I finally get our room key, and we're in a seperate building. Which is fine. Oh, the PROM was also that night in the hotel! Nobody said anything about that when reserving the room. We take our things up...the bathroom could be cleaner, the floors were dirty, and the decor and furniture...looked like something from the 60's. We go to the festival, and come back to the hotel. My son is excited to get into the pool. We're walking to the pool...um how the hell do you get there? We walked all over the place trying to get to the pool b/c the passage way is blocked off b/c of the prom. So we go outside, and come back into the lobby through the prom to get to the pool. I know, when I was a teenager, I wouldn't have liked "intruders" walking all through the most important dance in the little high schooler lives...Anyway, the pool was a good size, although the water was tepid. The big hot tub...oh....the hot tub was NOT hot. It wasn't even warm. It was luke warm, like a kiddie pool that had sat over night. It SUCKED. There was no button to make the jets come on, and it was funky. The bottom was a little slimy. I sat in it for about 5 min, and tried to "tuff it out", but then I started to itch. Everywhere. We immediatly left the pool room, and went back to our room and took showers. I will never stay here. Ever. Again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Eisenhower is a unique resort with taste, style, and a staff proud of it's tradition of friendly attentive service. It's the hotel that guests remember with pleasure and return to again and again. Make The Eisenhower your Gettysburg Address and you're only minutes from the Historic Gettysburg National Military Park, golf, and skiing. Check-in is at 3pm. Check-out is 11am. Cancellation Policy: 24 hours. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Eisenhower Hotel & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eisenhower Inn And Conference Center
- Eisenhower Hotel Gettysburg