“It's an OK place”

Eisenhower Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #28 of 28 Hotels in Gettysburg
Reviewed October 24, 2009

We stayed here because everything else was booked the week end we went to Gettysburg. We got two rooms. It's a few miles out of town and away from restaurants and attractions. The hotel was full and I liked that we did not hear other guests walking in the halls or from other rooms. Maybe we were just lucky to share the place with quiet people that week end. The pool and hot tub were nice. The beds were comfortable. Our rooms were in the older building which seems in need of a facelift: drippy toilet, worn fixtures, old wall paper. But it was comfortable and since we weren't there to stay in the hotel for more than rest it was OK. Stay here if you can get a well discounted rate.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank Zorro98

Reviewed October 8, 2009

I must say out of all the hotels in Gettysburg, This is far most the best I have ever stayed at.
Good Food, Good Staff, Good Room

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kaboom123
Reviewed October 6, 2009

Booked this hotel through Priceline for $80/night. When you first arrive, the grounds are very beautiful and the check in area is very nice. That's where it ends. The front desk staff were rude. Not only to me, but to other guests checking in at the time. They were very worried about what they were going to eat for lunch, instead of taking care of guests. On to the room in the "old" section (I think because we booked through Priceline, we weren't allowed to use the "nice" rooms in the second building ~ wallpaper peeling, towels were threadbare, floors dirty and even the door jams were black with fingerprints and dirt. On to the pool area ~ really, this should just be shut down by the Board of Health. There is mold EVERYWHERE. When I read that people liked the pool area, I am wondering if we stayed in the same place??? It was disgusting !!!! You can get a serious disease in this place. That's when we decided to leave. I didn't even create a fuss at the front desk and ask for my money back. Just told them the place was disgusting, left my key and off we went. I'll never go back, nor will I recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family
3  Thank Gypsy1965
Reviewed September 30, 2009

the old bulding is awful we did not get soaps shampoo the outside door which was supposed to be locked by key was broke it was a room with peeling wall paper carpet was old and worn and bedspreads were very old and worn. then we stayed in the new building and it was the best beds were fantastic room was very clean sleep was great not like the old building with paper thin walls a difference between night and day. if you stay here do not stay in the old building it is awful..........................................

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed September 26, 2009

My sister and our friend took a trip to Gettysburg and spent a night at the Eisenhower. Luckily we did our own pricing at Priceline and got the room for $50 a night. I'm glad we paid no more then that because it was not worth it. The hotel itself was outdate. The wallpaper in our room was peeling and scuffed. The shower had bad pressure. The curtains were too short so once the sun came out you woke up because light filtered in from the bottom of the curtain. The AC in the room kept turing off and the room was too warm. If you want it cheap try Priceline. I wouldn't recommend it though. Also they offer no breakfast. You are better off staying at the Best Western or Days Inn

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with friends
2  Thank Amanda T
Reviewed September 12, 2009

I was in Gettysburg for an overnight visit. My girlfriend wanted to go experience some "ghost" and I needed a little getaway.

I made a $40 bid on priceline for a 2star hotel room in Gettysburg, and I got a room at the Eisenhower Hotel. As pointed out by Laura in the other review, it is definitely outdated. Our room did have double beds, so she might have just not been lucky about that.

Pros:
-clean, good water pressure in the shower
-The inside pool is kinda neat, although we didn't get to use it.

Cons:
- Four miles south of town. You cannot walk to anything in Gettysburg from the hotel's location.
- It could use a paint job in and outside the rooms.
- In room coffee pot was miserable
- Not worth $75+tx/fees if you pay full price. If you have to pay full price, better stay at the Days Inn or something else in town.

Summary: if you need a cheap, clean place to crash while visiting Gettysburg and don't mind driving the four miles to town, it's an okay place.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank blasimon
Reviewed September 2, 2009

I used a coupon from roomsaver.com . I walked in. Quick service. Receipt slipped under our door. Had to run bath water alittle long to recieve hot water. However all together it was a good experience. I would suggest to stay here!
It was a hop skip and a jump to the conference center. We liked that!!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business