“Worst place ever!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 29, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I stopped in Gettysburg on our way home from DC while on our honeymoon. I saw this place and thought that it would be a neat little place to eat. We were so wrong. I should have known that this was going to be bad when we walked in the door and could barely see because of all the smoke from the kitchen. Would it be to much to ask if they turned the kitchen vent on? It was hot outside, but it was still cooler outside than inside. A little air would have been great! There isn't much on the menu, no regular cheeseburgers. We overheard the table behind us ask if they had them and they were told they could order one and not get the stuff on it, but they'd be charged full price. I ordered a burger that should have had cole slaw on it. Didn't get any. Asked the server for a box. Waited 10 minutes never got a box. However the server found time to stand over at the bar shooting the breeze with his buddies. He finally showed up and said "oh they didn't bring you a box?"( which we didn't quite understand, HE was our server, shouldn't HE be the one to bring the box out to us in a timely manner?) I told him no and we didn't need it now. We were so ready to go the minute we sat down. So afterwards we did our sightseeing then took a trip thru McDonald's. Much better food there. I've gathered that this place is new, if everyone had the same experience I don't see it lasting long at all.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,361)

Reviewed May 25, 2012

Ok...the food was just ok...the service was the worst...i had to wait a significant amount of time for my food and really the server was more worried about the drama of the day...kitchen drama...on top of that it was about race...i heard that the kitchen manager had a problem with the other kitchen staff and the color of their skin..now im from austin, TX and there in our area we are well diverse and i know that people now of days still have a problem with race but i also know that many businesses have e.o.e and this gives anyone and everyone the chance to gain employment...so hearing this i was very disturbed and if was the owner of this restaurant i would definitely address this issue and find a way to "eliminate" this problem. Now this is most of our conversation on our drive home!

Reviewed May 10, 2012

The chicken wings are to die for ,, GOOD SELECTION

Reviewed May 8, 2012

Awful!! This new business on the town circle could do so well, but probably won't because the primary goal seems to be to establish it as the town watering hole. Have eaten there twice and been disappointed both times. Cold (not even a hint of warmth) coffee was served, when asked for hot cup told "no" and asked to order something else!! Couldn't believe it! Calamari was overcooked (dark brown) and very tough. Potatoe skins were undercooked (still hard) and ribeye stuffing was very salty. Good place to stop for a drink but spend your dining dollars elsewhere. Hopefully the young manager will stop serving up his buddies and pay attention to the quality of his food and customer service.

Reviewed May 2, 2012

What do I say-I NEVER write bad reviews, I feel I must to save other people the grief of this unpleasant experience. This was the second experience here, never again. Let me start with drinks, be prepared to WAIT! We received our water in 10 minutes. The wine non existent unless you want Adams county winery wines. The wine came out 15 min later, a petite 4oz pour, great if you have to drive. My beer for my second time here at the Blue and Gray- they were out of (I was told this after my date received her wine 5 minutes prior).

On to the food-We waited, waited, and waited for our server to take our orders. During this time we had to look at food smashed into the chair next to us, very unappetizing. We are 30 min into this now mind you I have just received my first drink!! We ordered our first course the cheese and tomato bites-Wow extremely creative. A cold grilled cheese cut in fours, forget this. She ordered the veggie burger, it came out cold and extremely over cooked. We cut it in half and it crunched like a potato chip. She did not even touch it-server did not ask if it was ok. I ordered the crab cake sandwich, at $7.99 it was overpriced, it was that bad. The bun it was served on was twice the size of the crab-cake. I had to salt and salt this monstrosity to even choke down this cold awful mess.

My first experience was pretty much on the same level. 15 min for my first drink. Over-cooked tuna app. Shrimp Po Boy was mainly lettuce, with sauce. I feel like they think they can over cook and under season everything and throw a ton of sauce on it and it will make it taste better. They ran out of the beer I was drinking (mind you I only had one), and never told me. Half hour later they bring me a warm one and put it into a chilled glass, I am assuming they thought it would chill the beer, fail.

Overall would not suggest to anyone, they have a lot of work ahead of them. Most likely the worst service experience I have ever had in my life (I eat out 4 times a week). Terrible food, and warm drinks. I feel like they should of worked out the food and service issues before opening. If you come to Gettysburg try somewhere else-looks pretty be prepared to throw your money away and leave hungry.