“Worth Every Penny!”

Gibson's Photographic Gallery
Ranked #18 of 82 things to do in Gettysburg
Reviewed October 26, 2012

We didn't have reservations and just stopped by. They could fit us in and dressed us in authentic Civil War period outfits. It was expensive but to actually get your picture taken with a 150 year old camera and watch the whole process was an amazing experience. We purchased the pictures and they became the souvenirs that we brought home for our family. This is a once in a lifetime chance, and I don't think I would have felt that way about a 35 mm camera.

1  Thank Kristene B
in 3 reviews
"men"
in 2 reviews

Reviewed October 13, 2012

Before we went, I read every review I could find.
So I went into Rob's studio with very high expectations.
All of our expectations were exceeded!
As Dee got the girls ready.
Rob outfitted the boy and I in authentic cavalry and officer uniforms.
Rob then took us through the photo process from times of old.
Pictures in the 1800's were sure an experience, as was ours.

The studio itself is a sight to see!

Rob and Dee made Gettysburg a truly wonderful experience.

Dave (MI)

Reviewed October 4, 2012

This is one place not to miss. You are greeted with open arms and are given the opportunity to experience photo taking as it was done in the Civil War era. We dressed as a Union Colonel and his wife dressed in her finest ballgown. You get to even watch the amazing process to develop your photograph. This was one of the most enjoyable experiences we had on our trip!

Reviewed September 19, 2012

My wife and I first had our picture made at Gibson's in 2002 and recently had another made. The shop is like stepping back in time and Rob and his wife are genuinely nice people who make the whole process a fun lesson in historical photography. It's one of the best experiences you can have in Gettysburg. And also, a BIG thanks to Rob for showing me how to crack my back. Relief from pain is the best gift one person can give to another!