“Big waste of time and money”

Haunted Gettysburg Tours
Ranked #21 of 31 Tours in Gettysburg
More attraction details
Owner description: Candlelight Walking Tours and Paranormal Investigations. Take a Lantern-led stroll down NO-Mans land and Shadowy Streets and discover the Ghosts and the Legends of our Haunted City. Period dress guides and Professional Paranormal Investigators.
Roaring Spring
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Big waste of time and money”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

we were walking down the street after dinner and a young lady asked if we wanted to go on a paranormal investigation. My 14 yr old son wanted to go, so we bought tickets for our group of 4. We were told to meet in the McDonalds parking lot to review the equipment we would need and then along with another couple, we followed the 2 guides to the location of a covered bridge a few miles from town. We neither saw nor heard anything except our young guide calling out for some spirit to make itself know to us.
She did offer a few tidbits about the Gettysburg Battle, but not much. Her companion just kept taking flash pictures of the bushes, telling us that sometimes ghosts show up in photos even though you can't see them in person.
It was a rainy, foggy night and seemed perfect for finding a ghost, but all we got were wet feet!
We have taken other night time tours and usually we have gotten a few tidbits of history or something interesting to take away, but I would advise avoiding this tour.

Visited June 2013
2 Thank Dan S

Akron, Ohio
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Well educated tour guides with great stories to tell!”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

You will sincerely enjoy yourself, whether you believe in ghosts or not. If you believe, you will love the legends, if you don't, you will love the obscure historic factoids. Great time!

Visited June 2013
Bonnie W, Owner at Haunted Gettysburg Tours, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Thank you Kelsey. We are glad you enjoyed our tour. Please stop back next time your in town and try our NEW HISTORY TOUR. If you liked our Ghost Tour you will love our History Tour. Best Regards
soperton, ga
“Creepy”
Reviewed December 12, 2012

This was in 2006. My husband and I were taking the nightly candlelight tour with one of the ladies. We were walking behind an Oriental couple who had a small video camera and was filming the tour. We are tall people so we could see over the couples heads and see their video screen and saw LIVE the hundreds of orbs flying up and down and all around the tour guide as she stood there talking about one of the structures. We watched in amazement as the oriental couple was pointing at the orbs and speaking in their language. As the tour guide walked on to the next story, I had my husband rush over and stand where she was just seconds before and took a picture. When we got it developed...just 1 or 2 orbs. When we later walked to Sacks bridge on our own the day before this I kept getting the feeling that we were not alone. There were NO other people there that day and I walked around taking pictures and got lots of orbs ..creepy!

Visited January 2012
White Haven, Pennsylvania
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“It was pretty good”
Reviewed November 2, 2012

We went on the spooky dark alley tour. It was nice that we went in the back alleys rather than most tours which take you on the main road in which you can't even hear your tour guide because they are muffled by the constant traffic flow. I also liked the fact that we went to a random place by some parking lot where a creek used to be and found out it was a spot in which MANY soldiers died and actually ended up drowning at. I would've never known about it, if not for the tour. I didn't see any signs or anything. The stories were also pretty good. One of the things I didn't like was that our tour guide had a use pendulems to try to contact spirits that were there. Her use of them seemed really fake and it took up a lot of time. She also asked for tips many times throughout the tour, which I thought was rude. Overall it was pretty good though. Only $8 and it lasts and hour so that isn't bad at all.

Visited October 2012
Lansdale, Pennsylvania
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Not very organized.”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

We signed up for the paranormal investigation tour. The group followed the guides out to the field hospital and covered bridge. We were all given some tools for ghost tracking, like EMF detectors. Our guide was nice, but very quiet and we were not told many stories about the area. We kind of felt that were were given the tools and just left on our own. There were 2 guides and maybe 30 people, and everyone just seemed on their own. Our "equipment" did not pick up anything while by the hospital, and then everyone was gathered up to the bridge. We were suposed to be doing an EVP session, but no one was leading it. Then some radio thing was brought out that was all static. It was not really explained, but I think ghosts were supposed to be able to talk on it. All we heard was an occasional radio voice break through. I wanted to enjoy this, but it was such a disapointment.

Visited September 2012