“Roundtop Needs Better Owners!!!!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Round Top Campground
A TripAdvisor Member
“Roundtop Needs Better Owners!!!!!”
Reviewed June 5, 2006

Hi! I've Been camping at rountop for about 9 or 10 years. the previous owners: Ken, judy,steve,and wendy... were so polite... they were like family to me.... they treated me as if i was part of their family..... they were the best ever!!! The managers that are there now, are rude and inconsiderate. they never answer the phone so how in the heck are you supposed to get ahold of them. i still love the campground very much, its just the managers i don't like... they are nothing but a bunch of money grubbers. The campground was always kept clean but not anymore... it is so dirty.....there are two people however that i do get along with... they work in the snackbar... they are the best out of the whole bunch....... And whats up with this pool ordeal!! they closed it to the public! What the heck is wrong with them....that was one of their biggest money makers. There is poor customer service!!!!!! I Want Ken,Judy,Steve, and Wendy back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed May 2006
8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Reviewed January 9, 2006

I'm very upset with the new owners of round top. We have been camping there for serveral years and loved it. The old owners made you feel like family. We tried to make reservations for halloween weekend. they won't let you they say to call back. Well myself and several family members have tried to call and left messages and no one returns the call. It is ashame to lose such a nice campground.
grace

Stayed September 2005
14 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 8, 2005

We had such a wonderful time at this park. We had read the reviews people had given the park before hand but decided we'd make our own judgements on this park. We had great service, and the staff went out of their way to make sure we had a pleasant stay! I would definately go back there again. To me it sounds that the poor reviews are from campers in the past who are afraid of change. Way to go Round Top, see you next year!

• Stayed October 2005
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 3, 2005

All positive reviews (under this advisor page)were submitted and published before Diversified Investors took over ownership around Nov. 2004. Round Top was one of the most sought-after campgrounds in the Gettysburg, PA area. We have been camping there for over 10 years. It is sad to see a wonderful place fall apart in such a short period of time. In Nov. 2004, the company bought the campground and the nightmares began. Immediately, negative changes started---DECREASES---in social activities for adults as well as for children; roads are breaking up; no lifeguard on duty during pool hours; grounds/office area not as neat and maintained; snack bar reduced open hours dramatically (couple hours a day); bathroom are not as clean as they once were; unable to resolve any issues with the staff because they are "clueless" and "out-of-touch". While walking around the grounds, we noticed that there were quite a few RVs up for sale (indication that there is a problem)and some Perm sites were not keeping their site's clean. BUT now lets talk about the positive aspects---INCREASED RATES!!!---The positivly raised the rates. Diversified Investors took a good thing, operated on a shoe string for 2005,only repaired/maintained what was necessary and raised rates for overnighters, weekenders, and Perm sites. Some individuals who have Perm sites are on fixed budgets and are unable to pay the $400.00 a year increase. So Diversified raise the rates and took away all the benefits at Round Top Campgound. Beware---stay away from Round Top Campground.

12 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 28, 2005

We have been going there for years but will not be returning in 2006 from the being of this year could tell the management team didn't care about the customers no one was there when we called, emailed or during the week in the evening the poorest service of any campgrounds we have been to. The new ofice staff personel is very rude and came across as if they don't care the upkeep of the grounds is bad and no emprovement at all we'll be spend our weekends in another part of gettysburg

P.S. IF THE PLACE WOULD EVER GO UP FOR SALE LET ME KNOWWE'RE INTERESTED

• Stayed September 2005
12 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 29, 2005

Oh, I wish I would of read the previous review before camping here! That reviewer is dead on-"Beware Round Top Campground!!!"
August 24, 2005: A TripAdvisor Member, Scituate, MA" the money.
The reason for all the inconstancies is that this campground is run by a church and they are so cheap that the only workers are...get this volunteers! You have to pay extra for everything like swimmimg even to play ping pong! This is white trash/redneck city, I am not kiddding. This is not camping like I am used to. The whole reason to camp is for the beautiful scenery, you are yards from a main road and 1 foot from other campers! Everyone is packed in like sardines. It is so dirty and muddy, weeds everywhere. Oh I am so mad, this was a pricey campground $30.00 a night for this crap! I have spent way less in state park facilities and they were beautiful. The restrooms were treated accordingly too, huge hair clumps in the drain and people leaving their trash behind. I felt like a hillbilly. Not to mention leading up to this I couldn't get them on the phone...I should have seen this as an omen or something and stayed away. Their website is very misleading! This is also a warning to anyone who decides to ge here anyway and thinks I'm kidding about all this, there is a little red haired redneck about 4 foot tall who lives there year round with his family who will bug you your whole stay...asking for beers and not leaving. I saw campers leave and the new campers come in he would go down and start on them! Obviously looking for a hand out, he says he is the camp host and talks about lighting off dynamite like it is funny...I am not kidding. This place is insane. TERRIBLE PLACE!

• Stayed August 2005
17 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 23, 2005

This place is terrible: appalling customer service and abysmal facilities. In all my 30+ years of camping, I have never been so disappointed with a campground. Weeks before our trip to Gettysburg, I contacted Round Top to see if it would be appropriate for our needs. We were planning on tent camping so wanted a quiet, private campsite. I was assured that our site was very nice (in the woods, very quiet, private) so I made a reservation for one night. The day before we were to stay at Round Top, I called the facility to confirm that we were all set to check in the next day. I was told that they don’t take reservations for one night. Strange, I said, because I had a confirmation number. Oh, the woman said, then (after a pause) yes you are reserved for site T4. I again asked, is this a quiet, private site? Yes, I was assured. The next day when we arrived and proceeded to check in, I said, “ Hi. We are checking in. We have site T4 reserved.” The woman explained that T4 was unavailable- but they did have T2, T3, T5, T6, etc. It was then I really started to worry- they gave away the one site I had supposedly reserved? From there, things went downhill. You cannot imagine our surprise when we drove down to our site and saw that it was literally YARDS from a major divided highway and feet from other campsites. Not quite the quiet, private site we had been promised. When we told the manager that we couldn’t stay, she explained that our deposit was non-refundable, but we could get a credit to come back another time. Yes, perhaps the highway will disappear and be replaced by a lovely forest somehow. So, obviously it was a very bad experience. While the worst thing was the customer service, the facilities were also terrible. Everything is dirty and run down. It’s too bad because maybe at one time it was nice. If you read this and decide to look at hotels, the Best Western right in Gettysburg center is gorgeous. I didn’t get to look at the KOA, but it is in a very nice spot (away from major highways) and a local told me it is very nice. Good luck!!!

• Stayed August 2004