“Hidden gem”

Sachs Covered Bridge
Ranked #12 of 108 things to do in Gettysburg
Reviewed December 3, 2013

It's not everyday you come across a covered bridge, and this one is hidden just outside of town. It's a good looking bridge and a part of the community not to be missed.

Reviewed November 15, 2013

This is a beautiful bridge, but its a little hard to find. After looking for it, I said turn down this road and we'll make a U turn and low and behold there it was.

Its not far off the battlefield, so go exploring.

2  Thank Dave4008
Reviewed November 13, 2013

I love covered bridges, so I enjoyed this. You hear all the rumors about the bridge being haunted, so I was hoping to see a ghost or feel a presence or something out of the ordinary, but did not. I didn't expect to, so I wasn't surprised. You cannot cross the bridge, so regardless which side you come from, you must turn around to go back. If you are using a navigation system, it can be difficult to find.

2  Thank c685710
Reviewed November 10, 2013

We used on-star to get us to the road the bridge was located on from the battlefield. It was easy to find once we got to the road. It was worth the stop as it is a beautifully restored covered bridge that was as much a part of the history as the battlefield.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

on a gorgeous autumn day, the bridge was gorgeous. be sure to walk across it and along the road a bit and also walk the path before crossing the bridge. it's beautiful back there