“Very convenient, reasonable, friendly”

Red Carpet Inn Gettysburg
Ranked #24 of 27 Hotels in Gettysburg
Portland, Oregon
“Very convenient, reasonable, friendly”
Reviewed January 28, 2010

Friendly to dogs!! Nice family runs it; gracious people. Room is comfortable enough: good AC, refrigerator. A good spot for going into G-burg or shooting down to Maryland.
Pool is nice. Stayed for a week each of the last two summers. Its ease and convenience makes likely i will return to G-burg soon. Big comfortable bed. Good prices!!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled solo
3 Thank endelbendel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
NH
Reviewed October 8, 2009

This was the worst hotel that I have been to! Three of our six rooms had to get changed because the water smelled like sulfur! It acttually made one of my colleagues throw up it was so bad! The guy in the office was extreamley rude to all of us! he wouldn't make the coffe unless there were atleast 7 people that were going to have some! He said that it would be a waist to make it! I would never recomend this hotel to anyone that I know and not even to people that I don't know! And to top it all off he tried charging us extra because we were using credit cards to pay for the rooms! All in All this was one of the worst experiences that I have had!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
5 Thank fireguy84

Travelers are raving about these Gettysburg hotels

indiana
Reviewed August 13, 2009

If you are looking for a quiet, away from the noise, place to relax then this is the spot. The rates were reasonable. The room was made up everyday. Only a few minutes out of town and close to the battlefield. If you are looking for a 5 star hotel, this is may not be it. It had everything I needed in a hotel. The rooms were clean, the service was good and overall the value was there. I would stay there again and would not hesitate to recommend it

• Stayed June 2009, traveled solo
3 Thank mort80
Northern New Jersey
Reviewed May 26, 2009

I called hotel directly to make resevations spoke with Dipti (Female) for Memorial Day weekend. Questioned her about the pool just to make sure they had one open. This was a factor in booking a hotel. She stated they did but the water would be too cold for the kids. I told her it didn't matter as long as they can enjoy the pool. When we arrived and checked in. The elderly man at the desk stated the pool was missing a part and reached under the counter and showed us a disc shape object. Which he stated was the wrong part. He was waiting for a correct one(?). He did reduce the night stay $10 to compensate for no pool. When I looked over the old fence at the pool I saw that this pool needed more than a part and it was empty. It looks like it hasn't been used for a few years. The pool chairs, hose and shed looked like it all belonged in the garbage. Hotel needs work. Not kept up. Run Down. Room was clean. Bathroom was clean. List of ammenities are incorrect. They do charge you the full 2 nights stay upon check in. I guess they don't want you to leave with out paying or staying the full reservation. We will never stay in a Red Carpit Inn again.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
4 Thank shade52
delaware
Reviewed April 19, 2009

My husband and I visit Gettysburg a couple times a year and we have stayed in numerous hotels. I received better hospitality here than at any other hotel I have stayed in Gettysburg. Out of all that we have stayed it the staff "manager" was very nice they I feel that he went out of his way to make us feel comfortable during our stay. Yes this is an older hotel, but with todays economy if you want to travel and have some where to lay your head at night you have to stay in your budget. Like I said even though this is an older hotel it was very clean and the staff was wonderful. It was better than I expected for the price I paid for my stay. It was well worth the money I paid and more. This really went to show me do not judge a book by its cover. I have made reservations for our next 3 trips to Gettysburgh. It is only a couple of miles from town and it is in a very quiet area. If you look beyond the age of the hotel you will see that there is more to it and I sure you will be happy with your stay and the staff.

Sherri Eldreth
Delaware

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
3 Thank sherri99
dipika, Manager at Red Carpet Inn Gettysburg, responded to this review, April 30, 2009
Thank you for your good review about our motel and also thank you for your time. we will try to give you our best service in your future trip and thank you for staying with us.
NY
Reviewed February 6, 2008

This hotel is disgusting. I would never recommend it to anyone. We stayed there in Nov. 2005 and had a terrible time. We spent a fortune for the time of year we went and got nothing good from it. They would not give us extra blankets, they told us it was out of season for them to provide ice and a friend of urs had a broken toilet. We said we would never stay there again. The next year we could not get a place to stay so we had to go back to this dump. Lets say it did not improve at all. Our cover over the light fell onto the bed and all the nasty bugs fell out too. THe window was cracked we did not have heat. THe were providing small space heaters but they were very sparing with them. Not everyone got one. It was awful... if you want to enjoy your stay in Gettysburg go stay somewhere else.

• Stayed November 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank clonecke
Thank you for your time and we apologize for any inconvenience. This motel is now under new management and we renovate our property in 2007. If you decide to visit in the future you will get the pleasant experience.
MD
Reviewed November 5, 2007

Had a hard time finding the hotel. When my boyfriend called to book, they said they were located on Steinwehr Ave.
We got to Gettysburg and drove up and down Steinwehr a few times looking for the hotel. Stopped into Budget Host to ask directions and they told us it was waaaaaay out past the battlefields, which is Emmitsburg Rd.
So, we got to the hotel. Looked pretty empty and kind of like an older roadside motel.
Went to check in, took forever! Apparently whoever was working behind the desk was too busy with other things besides checking in guests.
After ringing the bell a few times and waiting for over 10 mins, we finally got checked in.
Got to the room. Had to practically kick down the door because it wouldn't open. Finally got inside, oh my.
The door had mildew all over the back of it. The room smelled like bug spray when we walked in. The place looked like it hadn't been painted or renovated in years.
The beds were VERY bouncy and there weren't fitted sheets, so when you moved, the bare mattress was exposed...Ewh.
The bathroom was small and sorta cramped. The baseboard on the tub was peeling off and when I showered that evening, we found that a family of spiders must have lived in there, but got washed out by the leaky tub.
The A/C was cold which would have been nice in the SUMMER. For some reason, the temp wouldn't adjust and it didn't want to go off.
Overall, its a cheap "just for one night" hotel. It did the job, but I wouldn't go back.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Just about everything.
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank jtrav1
Thank you for your time for review. we apologize for any inconvenience. We will try our best to give you good service in future. Sorry for any trouble.