“Amazing weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

Ranked #18 of 23 Gettysburg B&B and Inns
Emigsville, Pennsylvania
“Amazing weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
Reviewed February 25, 2012

I had the honor of being a guest at a special weekend event at the Tillie Pierce Inn last weekend and have to tell everyone it was great. I have been there many times in the past and the Inn is looking great as Susan and Johlene continue to make decor additions to this great historic property. The Inn has become one of the most warm and inviting properties in the Gettysburg B and B market. When you arrive and throughout the stay I was made to feel like part of the family returning for a reunion with loved ones. It is particularly nice to see this property come back to life and become one of the premier Bed and Breakfast in Gettysburg. Please do yourself a great favor and select the Tillie Pierce Inn as your next Gettysburg destination

Room Tip: They are all great
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank wsf423

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Bristol, Pennsylvania
Reviewed February 23, 2012

We have stayed there a few times and every time is a blast. The staff are great and welcoming. You are treated like family. Beautiful rooms and common areas make you feel like home. Can't wait to return!!!!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank TomK7014166
Ocean City, Maryland
Reviewed February 22, 2012

I have had the privilege of staying at the Tilllie Pierce House Inn on several occasions and have loved it each and every time! It is a beautifully restored two story house that survived the battle of Gettysburg in 1863, and walking in the front door is like stepping back in time. The house itself is spacious and welcoming with well-appointed rooms each with private baths and access to a large parlor, media room, and opulent public dining room where breakfast is served each morning. From the moment you enter the inn, you are greeted by an extremely friendly staff who don't miss any details in making your stay pleasurable. The house was kept immaculate and my room always had clean towels, fresh linens, and a tidy bathroom. The location is right in the center of historic Gettysburg, so it's within walking distance of the best restaurants, battlefield and historic sites. I have been to Gettysburg MANY times and used to stay in their local hotels, but now I stay exclusively at the Tillie Pierce House Inn. It really enhances your historical experience and allows you to see what it felt like to live during civil war times. Thanks to the staff, Johlene, Kelly, and Shannon for making me feel so welcome in their incredible home! I look forward to my next visit to Gettysburg and my stay in Tillie Pierce House Inn...THE BEST B & B IN GETTYSBURG!!!

Room Tip: My personal favorites are the two front rooms, facing Baltimore Street. Great views of the town and...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank Beckie1863
Reviewed February 19, 2012

My names Krystal and my boyfriend and I stayed at the tillie pierce house inn this weekend and it was one of the best weekends! The staff was sososoooo nice and anything we needed they assisted us with. The location is great the battlefields are nearby and resturants and other little shops are in walking distance! The rooms were very neat, the beds were comfy and it was a very cozy room. Spooky(the owner) and the guests were all so polite and it was such an amazing experience! If you ever need an inn to stay at this is the one look no farther! From a nice breakfast to a beautiful historic home you can't beat it!!!!! What an awesome place(:

• Stayed February 2012
5 Thank Krystalsiminski
Reviewed February 19, 2012

My husband and I were just at the Tillie Pierce B&B. We had a absolutly amazing time! The staff was so welcoming, made us feel like family immediately. The rooms were beautiful. So welcoming and clean. We had a blast!! Thank you Spooky, Shannon, Cori and Haley for the great stay. We can't wait to return again. It was a fabulous way to celebrate out 1st wedding anniversary.

• Stayed February 2012
5 Thank Chuckietgurl79
Pennsylvania
Reviewed February 13, 2012

My husband and I spent the night at the Tillie Pierce House Inn, and we both agreed we WILL go back...it was a great experience from start to finish, starting with the wonderful gal who checked us in.. Shannon was her name and she is the type of person that other establishments could only DREAM about having work for them... adorable, friendly, cheery, etc. Next, the house itself... oh my goodness... beautiful from room to room, furnished to the era it was built in, and might I add extremely CLEAN. Next the very gracious hostess, Spooky, was so accommodating... there was a ghost hunt that night and we were asked before hand if we were okay with that, which I thought was very considerate... otherwise, they would have taken it elsewhere. I see someone described the breakfast as ho-hum... My husband and I did not think so at all... It was a very generous offering of muffins, yogurt, cereal, oatmeal, fruit, toast (along with peanut butter, pumpkin butter, and I believe honey), hard-boiled eggs, plenty of coffee, tea, juice (orange and cranberry). All in a gorgeous dining area on dishes that I am extremely jealous of!!! Beds were, by the way, very comfy in our opinion. Plenty of hot water in the morning for the shower. All in all, it was a very gorgeous house but what means more to me is the way you are treated by staff and we just loved this staff. So that is my 2 cents!!!

Room Tip: Our room was along Baltimore Street and there was traffic noise... ask for a room not along Baltimor...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank shspeari
Thorofare, New Jersey
Reviewed February 8, 2012

My best friend and I had stayed in Gettysburg this past weekend because we wanted to experience haunted places. We first stayed at the tillie pierce house...and it did not dissapoint. we loved it so much!!! plenty of experiences from...hearing marbles on the floor, a lady sighing, cold spots, flashing light from on side of the room to the other..footsteps and more! we also went on a ghost hunt with the Gettysburg Paranormal association, which chris was our leader. we went to the hoffman mansion and although it was not very active, chris was very knowledgeable and a great host! we went back to the "gpa shop" the following day to purchase a few items where we met Spooky the founder of GPA. She showed us actual footage of the tillie pierce house when they investigated it, and OMG was it amazing. I definately recommend the tillie pierce house and you ASBOLUTELY have to take a ghost haunt investigation with Gettysburg Paranormal Association!!

Room Tip: all rooms were good!!
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends