“Awesome Icecream!”
Review of Mr. G's Ice Cream

Mr. G's Ice Cream
Ranked #1 of 15 Dessert in Gettysburg
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Mr. G's Ice Cream is located in the historic John Winebrenner house in Gettysburg Pennsylvania. Battle scarred by bullets on the south side of the building and reportedly haunted by spirits of the past, Mr. G's offers delicious homemade and soft serve ice cream. Stop in and try one of our homemade waffle cones and enjoy the ambience of this historic Gettysburg building
Reviewed July 23, 2014

You can't visit Gettysburg without stopping by Mr. G's. They make the best homemade ice cream. The staff are very friendly. They also offer soft serve, but I would recommend the hand dipped (homemade). The prices are also very reasonable.

1  Thank Lancer8599

Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

I love living in this awesome town of Gettysburg. When my hubby asks me where do I want to go for an ice cream treat, I always pick Mr. G's. That's because I LOVE their chocolate peanut butter ice cream! It's by far the best I've ever had EVER!!! They have hard and soft ice cream. Expect a long line, but it'll go fast. A must stop for any visitor to the town. I like that they have a "frequent flyer card" cause we get a freebie quite often lol!

2  Thank Sue P
Reviewed July 22, 2014

The shop is so small that any crowd fills it up quickly, but the staff moves quickly and the ice cream is very good. Limited selection of flavors, and I was hoping for a few more since it is all homemade. The game outside and the ample seating make it a nice spot to sit with a cone and relax.

Reviewed July 22, 2014

Homemade ice cream with various local flavors included! The line may seem long, but it moves fairly quickly and it's worth the wait!

2  Thank Megan C
Reviewed July 21, 2014

It was in the mid 80's and humid when we spotted Mr. G's ice cream sign on a historic building with a historic courtyard. The ice cream is outstanding with a fresh taste of real ingredients, and no artificial tastes. We went back twice during our Gettysburg visit. We tried the Salted Caramel, Butter Pecan, and Vanilla based on reviews, and agree that these flavors are very good. The portions are generous, and prices are reasonable. Try it!

3  Thank 120SueN