“historic house and pricey ice cream”
Review of Mr. G's Ice Cream

Mr. G's Ice Cream
Ranked #1 of 15 Dessert in Gettysburg
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Mr. G's Ice Cream is located in the historic John Winebrenner house in Gettysburg Pennsylvania. Battle scarred by bullets on the south side of the building and reportedly haunted by spirits of the past, Mr. G's offers delicious homemade and soft serve ice cream. Stop in and try one of our homemade waffle cones and enjoy the ambience of this historic Gettysburg building
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“historic house and pricey ice cream”
Reviewed December 29, 2013

Loved the floors in this historic house. Enjoyed looking at the local art on the walls. Ice cream was "OK"....sorry.....I know it got great reviews on the ice cream but we actually went back twice to be sure and still have tasted much better.

• Visited October 2013

Cleveland, Ohio
“Another Ice Cream place”
Reviewed December 28, 2013

This location is nice, and worth a visit. I believe this location was a little bit more pricey than others in the area, but the service and products are certainly not overpriced. We usually see who has a longer line and go from there. Certainly worth a visit.

Visited October 2013
Richmond, Virginia
“Good Ice Cream”
Reviewed November 27, 2013

The people were nice. I cream has a great creamy texture. Creative flavors. It's ice cream how can you go wrong.

• Visited November 2013
Fairfield, CT
“Delicious Ice Cream”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

After reading all the reviews on Tripadvisor, I knew that I had to stop here when in Gettysburg. I decided to stop by Mr. G's on my way out of town. Mr. G's was an excellent end to my Gettysburg vacation; I just wish that I had come here earlier!

When I walked in, the staff was MAKING waffle cones from scratch, so I decided to get their homemade ice cream in a homemade waffle cone. It had to be the best ice cream I've ever had!

There's also some history here; it was a home during the Civil War!

In a way, I'm glad that there's not a Mr. G's in Connecticut where I live... I'd gain 50 pounds!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank JackG4312
Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
“Very good Ice Cream”
Reviewed November 2, 2013

Mr. G's varies his flavors. He also has some different flavors that you can't get at any other Ice Cream places in Gettysburg. Peppermint Patty is my all time favorite. All of his ice cream is homemade. The prices are very reasonable. Much cheaper than any of the other ice cream places nearby. The staff is very friendly and quick to get your order ready for you. Lots of outdoor seating available, too. My husband and I love Mr. G's and go as often as we can.

• Visited October 2013